Industry First - WEREWOLF Chainsaw Climbing Boot

Stein Products

werewolf.jpg

The tough and comfortable, lightweight STEIN WEREWOLF is an eye catching hybrid climbing boot with a new approach to chainsaw safety specifically designed for tree climbers.

Toughness is provided by using a high quality leather upper made from 1.8/2.00mm Perwanger which is Silicon impregnated during tanning to offer water-resistance. An all-round rubber rand provides extra protection to the leather from knocks and scrapes whilst climbing.

Fitted with the STEIN bed-liner which offers bio-mechanical support to the foot; the anatomical shape of the bed-liner helps to distribute pressure and absorbs shocks. These footbeds are produced using anti-bacterial breathable compounds with rapid absorbency and drying properties. The boot is leather lined for added weather resistance and all-day comfort.

The boot features the Vibram Werewolf sole which offers superb grip on all kinds of surfaces. The tough midsole and forepart cradle system ensures support and confidence when climbing but also offers flexibility. The asymmetric lace to toe system allows the upper to be tightened in the correct places giving the wearer the most comfortable fit.

This industry first is the only CE certified chainsaw boot (EN17249:04) which has no Toe Cap, reducing both the weight and bulk which is associated with chainsaw footwear.

The WEREWOLF has been designed with minimal seams to reduce snag and wear points, but at the same time enhances the aggressive appearance making this boot a contender for urban fashion as a casual everyday boot.

Performance & Limitations of Use

This product has been tested in accordance with EN 17249:2004+A1:2007 for Class 1 performance (protection at linear chainsaw speeds up to 20 m/s) but under the 'Recommendation for Use' document issued by the Vertical group number CNB/P/10.155a. They are to be used for Tree Climbing Operations and Restricted use by competent, trained operators who confine them to off-ground work in trees.

They are NOT FOR USE WITH HANDHELD CHAINSAWS ON THE GROUND.

Edited by Steve Bullman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of a Review.

My review for what its work, in brief as I shall write something more detailed later.

These are a fantastic boot IMO, clearly aimed at those amongst us who prefer to wear a lighter 'hiking' boot rather than regulation chainsaw boots. These boots for the first time offer a compromise for those users. They are the closest thing to the likes of the Scarpa scrambling boots that are available on the market whilst still offering some chainsaw protection and more importantly staying on the right side of health and safety.

Theres going to be loads of comments such as 'whats the point in a chainsaw boot without a steel toe cap'...if you find yourself asking that question then the chances are these boots are not for you. For the guys in the market these are aimed at, the boot will make all the sense in the world to IMO.

Comfort wise these are great. I wear them constantly both at work and when out on walks etc with the family. I have also found them to be comfortable for use when using gecko climbing spikes. Can't comment on any other brands though unfortunately, though I don't see why there would be a great deal of difference.

My opinions on these boots are based on extensive field testing, just short of 2 years in fact. This is the current condition of my boots after that time.....not bad wearing in my book :thumbup1: