Industry First - WEREWOLF Chainsaw Climbing Boot

Stein Products

So im right in understanding that these boots would have to be removed when you come down from the tree and replaced with a normal pair of chainsaw boots with toecap protection?

If any of my guys tried that then they would get a B*******g for wasting time.

Under the CE Certification this point has to be quoted. It is purely your own choice if they are removed or not. As John stated many are already wearing non ppe footwear on the ground already.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noted....but as I am the boss, what I say goes..steel toe caps with chainsaw protection. If they don't like it they know where the door is

Playing Devils Advocate - as an employer you are spot on, doesn't matter how nice they look or feel, if the faecal matter hits the oscillating device - the above from Treeman is what will be asked by HSE, not how fashionable the reviews on Arbtalk were.

Russ

Under the CE Certification this point has to be quoted. It is purely your own choice if they are removed or not. As John stated many are already wearing non ppe footwear on the ground already.

So if John says people are already wearing non ppe then that makes it ok then?

As the above post says, I'm the employer and HSE comes to me when it goes wrong, I get fined employee then comes to me for compensation and not to mention the fact I will be down a worker through his own stupid fault for not wearing the correct ppe.

Like I said stupid idea.

Bought a pair at the APF today, £150.

Very comfy so far. The lack of toe cap feels somewhat liberating. Pretty light and look to be a quality pair of boots.

As an employee who has been provided with steel toed chainsaw boots, if I should have an accident wearing these I'd imagine the blame would not land at his feet but mine. I'm happy enough with that.

Bought a pair at the APF today, £150.

Very comfy so far. The lack of toe cap feels somewhat liberating. Pretty light and look to be a quality pair of boots.

As an employee who has been provided with steel toed chainsaw boots, if I should have an accident wearing these I'd imagine the blame would not land at his feet but mine. I'm happy enough with that.

Doesn't work like that!

• 1 year later...