me dealing with depression

predator

I hope you don't mind but i gave this thread to the missus to read, She was training to be a councillor, but essex council in there wisdom decided to close the course and move it to the arse end of nowwhere (basildon). She started it because she was where some of you are/were and after having counsilling herself she thought to get training to eventually help others.

She looked to doing it on a home uni course, but part time would have taken upto 12 years and many £0000s to complete.

She still takes the happy pills.

My other half started taking happy pills after a recent event she had the worst mood swings ever on them so stopped taking them both her mum & sister still take them her mums fine but her sister is a nightmare up and down like a yoyo.

Your mrs situation with her course sounds about right for local authority

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been diagnosed with depression, Ive been feeling crap for months didn't think much of it but my mrs and mum asked me to go see about it, I have and feel a bit better getting it off my chest... Mines is my job bothers me always thinking about, worry if I've made an arse of something just stupid things... Then my dad took unwell, he's had to retire from work due to chronic lung disease so I worry about him all the time now. It's painful watching him try do anything from climbing the starts or even taken a bin out!

Ano everyone is different but the best thing I've done is going and talking to the doctor :biggrin:

Brave posts lads. Takes a lot to say all that.

I'm 31 had depression on and off since 14\15 yes old. Dad gave me and sis a chemical imbalance. Cheers dad.

Anyways point is I spent years on and off an citalopram etc and it only covered the prob like drinking or sniffing stuff did.

Took it upon myself to conquer it thru avoiding stuff that triggered it. Stress, crap mates, birds that weren't worth a wank, work, drink and drugs.

I know accept that every month I'm gonna have one or two black days, its hard but I'm personally better off the pills for sure.

Eating well and sleeping right defo helps as does taking time to have a deep breath in the morning and laugh at everything.

Keep ya heads up fellas there's loads of us nutters about in the tree game, think its half the reason we can use saws at heights??

All the best to you all.

When I had it the way I dealt with was if I was having a bad day I would just write it off, and then hope tomorrow would be better,

That was a very simple way to deal with it but in that frame of mind you need to have those wee goals,

I know you are never cured it could return at anytime, but if it does I have a loving family to help me deal with it,

Beats me. Maybe there is some sort of biblical "judas" thing going on.

How is it that you seem to hav something offensive to say to pretty much everything.

It's a serious topic and obviously effects a lot of people on here never mind in the rest of the world as well. It's terribly difficult to get any sort of real help and the stigma that goes with it is very bad as well. My fiancé suffers seriously with mental health problems and it's hell for her to live with. Maybe when you have found someone you love half dead when you get in from work you will feel less inclined to make fun out of it.

Brave posts lads. Takes a lot to say all that.

I'm 31 had depression on and off since 14\15 yes old. Dad gave me and sis a chemical imbalance. Cheers dad.

Anyways point is I spent years on and off an citalopram etc and it only covered the prob like drinking or sniffing stuff did.

Took it upon myself to conquer it thru avoiding stuff that triggered it. Stress, crap mates, birds that weren't worth a wank, work, drink and drugs.

I know accept that every month I'm gonna have one or two black days, its hard but I'm personally better off the pills for sure.

Eating well and sleeping right defo helps as does taking time to have a deep breath in the morning and laugh at everything.

Keep ya heads up fellas there's loads of us nutters about in the tree game, think its half the reason we can use saws at heights??

All the best to you all.

Nice post Mike, like your take on it.

Sometimes we need to declare war on certain things in life. Especially the stuff that sucks the life out of us.

Timon