Quadchip yes or no? Any problems?

Jontreasure

Thanks for all the replies. Due to storage the folding shoot is useful and the setup really didn't equate to a huge effort. Greenmech are supplying an extended defector to compensate for the distance to the truck and hopefully improve acuracy. The weight of the forst put me off and I like the added feature of the turntable. I didn't really consider the tw as it's not been out as long and really feels like tw are trying to match the gm (don't take my word I haven't used the tw)

I would say for those considering that the hitch is disturbingly easy to lift off and the blades are a bit of a hassle to change. I'm sure it could have been simplified.

Will report back if I find and problems. So far it's been very efficient.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not buy another one! Go for a chipper thats built to a spec rather than a weight. The service & back up is not all that it is made out to be. Based on my experiences i would not buy another Greenmech.

Looks like the dealership network is a tad variable. I had an 'iffy' experience 3 years ago but after a couple of discussions with head office the local dealer was replaced quite rapidly! No probs here. Been happy with my chipper.

Here is a pretty significant design fault that the manufacturer is going to have to address before it kills someone.:laugh1:

treequip-albums-general-picture7391-img-1812.jpg

treequip-albums-general-picture7392-img-1814.jpg

On a serous note powder coat is pants on square edges and particularly stamped parts, it would only take seconds on a linisher to round the corner and stop it cracking and forming a lovely place for rust.

A machine in fine fettle please

To be fair that's not a primary safety feature that's failed it's just a piss poor little bracket that holds that spout in transport position and if once it's folded down you've tightened up the clamps like the instructions say it ain't going anywhere let alone going to kill someone, at worst scratch a bit of paint. I too often get back to the yard and find some twerp hasn't put the pin in and it's dropped.