Quadchip yes or no? Any problems?

Jontreasure

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im generally pleased with my quadchip, although its just gone back to greenmech for potentially its third set of bearings in under 2 years

1st bearing drowned last Winter chipping wet coni week after week plus it was kept outdoors. The dealer had broken the grease feed tube by forcing grease in too hard, I know this from the different colour of the grease they use. By the time we had tried to fix it, the bearing was on it's way out at 350hrs. 550euros the dealer charged us and after only 150hrs of use bearing 2 went pop. This time, possible over greasing blowing the seal out but more like a faulty bearing race collapsing. No corrosion present unlike the last time. Bearing 3 replaced at 500hours by us with Peter Pie Eater in 2.5hrs + 1.5hrs trying to work out how to do it and phone time to Mac and Jason at G.M.

It wasn't hard to do really and quite fun.

Ty

Edited by Ty Korrigan

im generally pleased with my quadchip, although its just gone back to greenmech for potentially its third set of bearings in under 2 years

1st bearing drowned last Winter chipping wet coni week after week plus it was kept outdoors. The dealer had broken the grease feed tube by forcing grease in too hard, I know this from the different colour of the grease. By the time we had tried to fix it, the bearing was on it's way out at 350hrs. 550euros the dealer charged us and after only 150hrs of use bearing 2 went pop. This time, possible over greasing blowing the seal out but more like a faulty bearing race collapsing. No corrosion present unlike the last time. Bearing 3 replaced at 500hours by us with Peter Pie Eater in 2.5hrs + 1.5hrs trying to work out how to do it and phone time to Mac and Jason at G.M.

Only the flywheel end bearing has the problems.

It wasn't hard to do really and quite fun.

Ty

I had the spout clamp snap on the motorway once, it was a bad design that gm have sorted now I think.

Had a hydraulic motor give up thst cost 300 quid to replace but other than that served us well, routine servicing and maintenance I found a ball ache.