Should be getting paid holiday pay???

desired_affect

Im struggling I'm 23 this year and have load of things i want to go off and do learn to drive, go abroad for the first time, move out. I'm still living like i was when i was 17.

My boss knows about my troubles with the bank and ive had to borrow money from family just to do my tickets he wanted me to do and expects me to do the same so i can drive for him wit out any pay increase from him.

your boss sounds like a right arse, i would try and get another job. he has no respect for you.:mad1:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes 56, he used to climb till i got my tickets, now he drinks coffee wile im up the tree.

Ah, proper old then!!

Are there any other "employees"? Doesn't sound like a tree surgery company to me!

You are entitled to 24 days holiday, minimum wage and if you haven't been given a contract 1 months wages at a tribunal, the law is heavily weighted on your side and at the end of the day your employer sounds like a right nob!! taking you for a ride, if i was you id tell him to stick the job at the end of the day you can ear three times that amount flipping burgers at mac d's, with holiday!! tree works good mate but at the end of the day its just a means of putting food on the table and you cant live on bread and water for long.

Good Luck!!

I think its gone up to 28 days now from April. Either way, if your paye use the calculator someone else put on and ask for your holiday pay. Ask for your training costs back too as he also should have paid for these.

If not go to citizens advise.

Failing that, drop him and take his wallet

Ah, proper old then!!

Are there any other "employees"? Doesn't sound like a tree surgery company to me!

me him and a girl that got her tickets off him and has ran off and now works for a lot of people in the local area and tells him when she can work which i can see upsets him a little bit.

I do get the impression he runs it for fun as he wont work in any thing other nice weather and constantly getting new kit *toys* most we don't need, then i get asking how they work.

Gettign someones tickets and themn running off is a problem but that is where beign a good employee would help. Why did she feel the need to run off and work elsewhere? Probably because he's a crap boss! Well I think we've confimed that much already.

The advice above regarding 28 days holiday etc is all good but I seriously doubt you'll get anywhere. Good luck.

if there is nothing else going and you need the money, then you just need to tough it out or walk mate. it is easy to see the boss is the big bad ogre, but if he hasnt much work and cant afford to pay you much then its better than nothing. i dont see any point of going to citizen advice unless you are going to chuck your job and try and sue him, i cant see him keeping you on if he gets a phone call from your free lawyer. and if you want the hassle of court and tribunals then on you go. personally if you are working for less than 6k a year i think you are nuts, just call him up have it out with him , then tell him to shove it. if you dont you will let people walk over you all your life. whats to say your next employer wont see your weaknesses and take advantage of you as well

if there is nothing else going and you need the money, then you just need to tough it out or walk mate. it is easy to see the boss is the big bad ogre, but if he hasnt much work and cant afford to pay you much then its better than nothing. i dont see any point of going to citizen advice unless you are going to chuck your job and try and sue him, i cant see him keeping you on if he gets a phone call from your free lawyer. and if you want the hassle of court and tribunals then on you go. personally if you are working for less than 6k a year i think you are nuts, just call him up have it out with him , then tell him to shove it. if you dont you will let people walk over you all your life. whats to say your next employer wont see your weaknesses and take advantage of you as well

the best advice on here mate. put an 880 through his decking, drop the old ba*&^d and tell him to shove it. take a couple of saws with you to pay for your training too.

don't be a doormat all your life.