Should be getting paid holiday pay???

desired_affect

6K a year for full time employment:scared1:

I know you dont work full time but the way it works out it sounds like you dont have time to do anything else :thumbdown:

I would forget about trying to get holiday pay and concentrate on leaving him and finding work else where. If your the only climber then you must be decent enough to approach other compaines and do a bit of freelancing. 2 days a week and you would pick up better pay.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad situation mate.

My lads are self employed, and if there's no work they don't get paid either. BUT most of them have full time jobs as well (firemen etc.), and the lad who doesn't takes work off other people, whoever books him first.

It can't work both ways - he expects you there all the time when he's busy, then drops you when he's not?

Put the feelers out, try and get another job offer. DON'T tell him. Then when your new job starts you can leave him in the s**t.

Good luck with it.

If you're in Ipswich area there are god knows how many small outfits around there, and some bigger ones. Try BTS at Needham, quick train ride down the track and your there. No need to put up with rubbish conditions.

well i certainly will be calling around, flicking through the yellow pages and such, just hope people have enough work going to accommodate me if only one day week.

really? i always thought that was illegal? moonlighting? i stand corrected!!

No mate.

2nd job is OK provided they don't try and screw the Tax Man, don't turn up knackered for their brigade work and don't do anything that would be bad for the brigade's image - like using their uniforms for stripping etc.

I don't make them do that very often though...!

Steve mate..get any job..if you cant get tree work..get any job...pass your driving test...geta car..get more tickets..your still young and got ages to still get into tree work...i met your boss at weird and wonderfull wood...hes a wally..lose him!

No mate.

2nd job is OK provided they don't try and screw the Tax Man, don't turn up knackered for their brigade work and don't do anything that would be bad for the brigade's image - like using their uniforms for stripping etc.

I don't make them do that very often though...!

Correct! I employed a fireman, he had tickets etc and was brilliant! He declared the income above his salary so all was fine. One of the best workers I had, shame he set his house on fire with a bbq and forgot the number to call!! RIP mate.