arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

1 hour ago, richy_B said:

Do you have a link back?  I have searched but cant seem to find it.  

I have seen fifth wheel set ups on pickups (for motorhomes) but these are usually 4t ish trailers with 500-1000kg of the weight on the nose (taking the pickups payload).  I wonder if you can run a 7.5t, using its 3t payload and its 4.5t towing capacity? Basically being able to tow a 5t excavator to site with that combo.

This system seems established. Not articulated but versatile. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Not so much a work truck but time I changed my 2007 Wildtrak for a more up to date model,been looking for a while and wanted manual/canopy so finally found this 3.2TDi 2015 picked it up today I also  have a 2008 Wildtrak tipper won’t buy any other truck.6B35893A-C0A5-419A-8544-751F6D02DDD6.thumb.jpeg.332c811223f43539e706cb0ed21c1de6.jpeg

Very smart ?

10 hours ago, richy_B said:

I wondered if it was a European thing to cover vehicles like this? 3t tow vehicle and a 9t trailer/load combo.  These 'mini artics' would be great in urban environments. Not sure if they are legal in the UK though. 

40-c16-met-5m-en-kobelco-55-lv-1030x687.

Saw a similar size vehicle with a mega long 5th wheel trailer the other day with steel beams on, on the A14 - was from a reputable looking company so assume its legal!

3 minutes ago, Lowestoft Firewood said:

Saw a similar size vehicle with a mega long 5th wheel trailer the other day with steel beams on, on the A14 - was from a reputable looking company so assume its legal!

I'm sure I've seen one with a boat on it as well. Was a while back though. 

Do you have a link back?  I have searched but cant seem to find it.  

I have seen fifth wheel set ups on pickups (for motorhomes) but these are usually 4t ish trailers with 500-1000kg of the weight on the nose (taking the pickups payload).  I wonder if you can run a 7.5t, using its 3t payload and its 4.5t towing capacity? Basically being able to tow a 5t excavator to site with that combo.

On a B+E licence taken before 2013 the maximum would be 7 tonnes as after that trailers were restricted to 3.5 tonnes, although it is a bit debatable  whether the trailer nose weight would be counted.

On a pre 1997 licence with the 107 note the gross would be 8.25 tonnes.

So it comes down to how much the empty trailer and tug weigh. Operators licence would be needed if the trailer weighs over 1025 kg  and tacho exemption does not apply over 7.5 tonnes.

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

On a B+E licence taken before 2013 the maximum would be 7 tonnes as after that trailers were restricted to 3.5 tonnes, although it is a bit debatable  whether the trailer nose weight would be counted.

So it comes down to how much the empty trailer and tug weigh. Operators licence would be needed if the trailer weighs over 1025 kg  and tacho exemption does not apply over 7.5 tonnes.

Yes. I'm C1+E, operators license and tacho. 

28 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

In that case I think you should be good for 12 tonnes gross if you do not have the 107 note on your licence. Most of us with C1+E from passing a test befor 1997 have the 107 note which restricts to 8.25 tonnes

Yep. Didnt pass til 2000. 

21 hours ago, openspaceman said:

wrong

there is no limit on trailer weight limit on an old BE licence, the plated train weight of the tug is what defines it.

19 hours ago, openspaceman said:

In that case I think you should be good for 12 tonnes gross if you do not have the 107 note on your licence. Most of us with C1+E from passing a test befor 1997 have the 107 note which restricts to 8.25 tonnes

I am certain I had 12t on my old paper licence and when I updated it they added the 107 without any consultation.

It doesn’t actually affect me, but it’s still a bastards trick.

What if I’d being working for a firm running 7.5 tonners and big chippers?