Need new boots RIP Airstreams

Arran Turner

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Airstreams are dead after 17 months and my feet are only dry because of my badass waterproof socks...

Looking at getting a pair of hiax instead, does any recommend a pair. I am looking for a pair similar size to the meindls but not sure what models are the smaller low cut style of boot better for climbing? Air power gold, trekker mountain, protector extreme , protector light?...

Thanks

Arran

[ATTACH]160533[/ATTACH][ATTACH]160534[/ATTACH][ATTACH]160535[/ATTACH]

Hi ARRAN I love my new airs mate at the ARB SHOW I try on lots boots I've a wide foot the other were £240 so 50% more money and did not feel right mate thanks so AIRS it is thanks Jon

I would stick with airstreams I bought a pair of hair for a member of staff and they lasted 3 months , it always seems to be the soles that part company but speaking to the main importer they say there are only a handful of boots returned to them because of this . It must be that I know every person that has returned their boots !!

I would stick with airstreams I bought a pair of hair for a member of staff and they lasted 3 months , it always seems to be the soles that part company but speaking to the main importer they say there are only a handful of boots returned to them because of this . It must be that I know every person that has returned their boots !!

I had a replacement pair of Protector Pros from Haix without a single quibble after I supplied pics of the split sole and the serial number. :001_smile:

Love my Haix air power gold. Had no risk climbers before. These are MUCH better... They have softened up nicely but still give good support.

Very comfy and waterproof. Some say they are a bit on the soft side for spikes. Had them 8 months now and still in great nick. Will get another pair unless someone shows me something better.

Thanks

i went from airstream to zermatts, both great boots, zermatts a lot warmer in the winter. Lot chunkier though, may go back to airstreams once these wear out!

I replaced my airstreams once i started tripping over the flappy sole, 2 years but the first 9 months were light use!

Well done for makin em last so long! You could do worse than trying Andrew 'Cervino' boots ( think honey brothers now sell em ) I've had mine just under a year and scarcely a mark on em, really hard wearing leather and very comfy,they've done about 3months climbing work and the rest forestry including a couple of months on a very wet Scottish mountain! Only criticism is like most of these 'waterproof' boots is they don't seem to like long wet grass. I pretty much live in em : )