Arb Trolley worth it or not!

mad matty

Non puncture tires will be more then your 45quid and not everyone can weld or has the space too do it but yes I thought it was a bit expensive but don't regret it as find it saves my duff knees hurting as much shifting brash.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

£400 for 40 quids worth of material and an hours time, not worth it to me by any stretch of the imagination, this is one of the reasons things get so pricey.....yes pay for its value, but stop ripping us off

Some of your other posts/rants sound to have half a grain of truth but this is nonsense and I know because I have made my own trolley.

Decent wheels are 45 quid each and it took me half a day to get from raw materials to finished and in primer, that's more than able in a well equipped workshop.

If you were making them on a production setup with a jig, you would make them in less than an hour but that's got costs of its own, buy the steel, pay someone to fab it up, wheels are £45 each (bought in ones and twos), it needs to go out to powder coat, storage transport to retailer, retailers markup and all that before they pay Reg his intellectual property rights:laugh1:

I agree its not cheap but its not 40 quid and an hour

Treequip, half a day? ie 4 hours, from raw metal to ready to paint theres 45 mins, if its being powder coated, between 15-20mins depending on the type and cure temp of the powder, and as for £45 for the wheels, stop looking in B&Q, a good hunt on the web gets them delivered for £15 each, ok, maybe a bit more than £40 for a finished job, and as for intellectual rights, on a trolley, sorry no, change 1 bit of the design and its different,same rules as copyright and patents, not a copy, slightly different, but anything with around a 1000% mark up is still ripping the p*ss out of us. I work for myself and as such any equipment I purchase has got to be value for money and anything like this, I'll build it myself during a slack period, I pay the same prices for raw materials as the guys building the equipment, same electric prices, same consumable costs, but I dont have to sell at a massive profit

Treequip, half a day? ie 4 hours, from raw metal to ready to paint theres 45 mins, if its being powder coated, between 15-20mins depending on the type and cure temp of the powder, and as for £45 for the wheels, stop looking in B&Qa good hunt on the web gets them delivered for £15 each, , ok, maybe a bit more than £40 for a finished job, and as for intellectual rights, on a trolley, sorry no, change 1 bit of the design and its different,same rules as copyright and patents, not a copy, slightly different, but anything with around a 1000% mark up is still ripping the p*ss out of us. I work for myself and as such any equipment I purchase has got to be value for money and anything like this, I'll build it myself during a slack period, I pay the same prices for raw materials as the guys building the equipment, same electric prices, same consumable costs, but I dont have to sell at a massive profit

I said to primer (painted) It takes 20 mins to de grease the thing

Show me those wheels

That was a bit of a joke, Reg is the designer of the stein trolley (AFAIK) there was a patent for another granted in Germany, I used one back in the day.

I am not defending the price they charge but similarly your estimates are low by a magnitude.