daily rate?

michael larder

im 21, saws, climbing kit, lowering kit, tickets, insurance, 3 years experience, do my own private weekend work as self employed, work 5 days a week for 2 different companies in Devon, on £60 a day for both of them! one has said if I switch and work 3 days a week for him (and 2 days a week for the other bloke) he will give me a £4 a day increase!!

Don't know how many hours you work in a day, but your very close to minimum wage there, fat load of good that isn't it? Too many people accepting the idea that regardless of what we're paid we should all just be thankful we have a job in the 'current climate'.

Tree firms are especially grippy. The price a company will charge to remove a tree nowadays is more expensive than it was in 2005 when I started, however the price of a subby climber back then was generally around the £120 mark per day, which is how it remains today. Too many climbers are awful buisness people because loads of them will consistantly do stupid things like accept £60 a day..which is why our rates will never increase.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how many hours you work in a day, but your very close to minimum wage there, fat load of good that isn't it? Too many people accepting the idea that regardless of what we're paid we should all just be thankful we have a job in the 'current climate'.

Tree firms are especially grippy. The price a company will charge to remove a tree nowadays is more expensive than it was in 2005 when I started, however the price of a subby climber back then was generally around the £120 mark per day, which is how it remains today. Too many climbers are awful buisness people because loads of them will consistantly do stupid things like accept £60 a day..which is why our rates will never increase.

It appears £120 is the norm it sounds great but breaking it down it actually isn't. I would never set myself up af a subby if I only had 1 years experience, you'd be better off being employed with benefits like holidays etc

im 21, saws, climbing kit, lowering kit, tickets, insurance, 3 years experience, do my own private weekend work as self employed, work 5 days a week for 2 different companies in Devon, on £60 a day for both of them! one has said if I switch and work 3 days a week for him (and 2 days a week for the other bloke) he will give me a £4 a day increase!!

Get in touch with me mate I would pay more thAn that for a second climber that's a piss take

Josh

I'm 21 just under 2 years experience use my own saws, have my own insurance, take my own Lowering kit depending on who I'm working with(don't like numpties not letting things run when it's my rope their messing with), run my saws on aspen so I take my own fuel. I charge 100 a day and when I finally get time to book in for my cs41, I'll move that up to 110, towing licence 120, then I'll move to nz and start again:)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'm 21 just under 2 years experience use my own saws, have my own insurance, take my own Lowering kit depending on who I'm working with(don't like numpties not letting things run when it's my rope their messing with), run my saws on aspen so I take my own fuel. I charge 100 a day and when I finally get time to book in for my cs41, I'll move that up to 110, towing licence 120, then I'll move to nz and start again:)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Edwood I would happily pay you £120 with own saw's and rigging gear :thumbup: NZ move all the best .You got to have a deam matey :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat as you (admitted a bit older), 1 years ex, own kit, saw's ect. I charge somewhere between 120-150 for a days subbing as a groundy/ second climber, I do drop it a bit for mates rates. But the big one is not to sell your self short, if you do it cheep you will always have work but no money or free time. Bump up the price a bit so your payed the same for 4 day instead of 5 and that extra day is money in the bank or time to have fun! I work for a firm for a bit, but it worked out I could get more subbing for less days worked. And they let me go when one of the over lads on the team ran me over! Always fun that!

A big fat fine if your court doing it by Mr tax man, or £50 tops as if you have to draw cash out your bank as you bank and declare all that you.payed of course you will have to pay his tax. :-SS

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.