What effect would scottish independence have on the UK tree industry?

daltontrees

Personally, I don't think Scotland leaving the UK will really affect the remaining UK, and I think Scotland will lose out more than we will. However, I also think that we as a United Kingdom have more to gain from staying together. This is economically, strategically and defensively. It is up to the Scottish people to turn out and vote in the referendum, make their voices heard! whichever side of the fence they are on, and the Westminster government should respect their wishes.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That article is a spectacular collection of nationalist rubbish, to put it bluntly!

How do they keep claiming these things (like Scotland contributing more tax than it receives) over and over again when just about everyone else disagrees with them?

The misinformation and bare faced lying from the SNP in the run up to this referendum makes my blood boil! :thumbdown:

That article is a spectacular collection of nationalist rubbish, to put it bluntly!

How do they keep claiming these things (like Scotland contributing more tax than it receives) over and over again when just about everyone else disagrees with them?

The misinformation and bare faced lying from the SNP in the run up to this referendum makes my blood boil! :thumbdown:

Forget the dam busters … iScotland would be oil rich and creditworthy even without the banks | Herald Scotland

I suppose the Glasgow Herald have got it all wrong too

Salmond is not anti English :lol::lol:

Trident. Anyone of you down South want it?

Yes actually, I do...

I almost want independence just so that I can say "I told you" in 10 years time, but that would be selfish as it would ruin millions of lives just for my own satisfaction.

+1. :001_rolleyes::thumbup1:

It appears to be working. Unemployment is falling.

Sick of hearing that unemployment has fallen! How they play with the figures! The reality is that hours worked are down; more employed people in PART-TIME positions! :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

I might have dreamt this.

But isn't Scotland part of the UK because centuries ago one of your Kings wanted an Empire like England so he went after Portugal or something?

Then when he ran out of money we struck a deal.

I'm sure it was a TV program about Britain.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Arbtalk mobile app

You'd better ask... He the man.

Simon Schama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Westminster not so daft.......jocks work harder and for less money

I've sent Kitchen and carpet fitters from Gloucester, heating engineers from Bristol, Renault mechanic from Exeter and decorators from Dewsbury to my mother-in-law in Glasgow after I spent over 2 years trying to find decent tradesmen to achieve the above. £400 to paint a bathroon door and spent 3 months doing it; 10 minutes here, an hour next week - what's all that about? Nearly dragged a tracked Jensen from Plymouth to do her trees until I thankfully found Tim on here.

yet historic grievances between the Scots and English seem to be the cornerstone of the Yes Scotland campaign.

:

I think the grievance is one way; when I'm visiting Paisley I hear the Braveheart rhetroic over and over and over. In south west england, folks didn't even know the Scots hated the English! We just don't give a monkies and that ignorance, whilst bliss in little England is deeply offensive to Scots.

it'll be like Ukraine is now.

9429725.jpg

That is my worry too. Civil war. Back where we started; 1000 years rewound in a flash.

Yes actually, I do...

+1. :001_rolleyes::thumbup1:

Sick of hearing that unemployment has fallen! How they play with the figures! The reality is that hours worked are down; more employed people in PART-TIME positions! :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

You'd better ask... He the man.

Simon Schama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've sent Kitchen and carpet fitters from Gloucester, heating engineers from Bristol, Renault mechanic from Exeter and decorators from Dewsbury to my mother-in-law in Glasgow after I spent over 2 years trying to find decent tradesmen to achieve the above. £400 to paint a bathroon door and spent 3 months doing it; 10 minutes here, an hour next week - what's all that about? Nearly dragged a tracked Jensen from Plymouth to do her trees until I thankfully found Tim on here.

I think the grievance is one way; when I'm visiting Paisley I hear the Braveheart rhetroic over and over and over. In south west england, folks didn't even know the Scots hated the English! We just don't give a monkies and that ignorance, whilst bliss in little England is deeply offensive to Scots.

That is my worry too. Civil war. Back where we started; 1000 years rewound in a flash.

Nicely said TCD! :thumbup1:

The Herald have totally lost the plot on the referendum.

Iain McWhirter - can't believe how he's fallen for the SNP's propaganda in such a big way. Shame, as he was a well respected journalist.

people like him... Lesley Riddoch (former BBC Radio Scotland), Derek Bateman (Former BBC Radio Scotland), Pat Kane (Artists for Independence), Eddie Reader (Artists for Independence) and other people like them in various walks of life who support the SNP/independence - they all want independence so they can be big fish in a small pond.

McWhirter, Riddoch and Batemen etc will be looking for jobs in government as chief communications officers, Kane and Reader etc- overseeing culture in a newly independent Scotland.

And that guy that runs Mull29's 'Business for Scotland' pro independence lobby group will be wanting the top job in gov as business advisor.

All on the take, all they care about is what's in it for them.

The Herald have totally lost the plot on the referendum.

Iain McWhirter - can't believe how he's fallen for the SNP's propaganda in such a big way. Shame, as he was a well respected journalist.

people like him... Lesley Riddoch (former BBC Radio Scotland), Derek Bateman (Former BBC Radio Scotland), Pat Kane (Artists for Independence), Eddie Reader (Artists for Independence) and other people like them in various walks of life who support the SNP/independence - they all want independence so they can be big fish in a small pond.

McWhirter, Riddoch and Batemen etc will be looking for jobs in government as chief communications officers, Kane and Reader etc- overseeing culture in a newly independent Scotland.

And that guy that runs Mull29's 'Business for Scotland' pro independence lobby group will be wanting the top job in gov as business advisor.

All on the take, all they care about is what's in it for them.

Cynicism of the highest order scotspine!

But I do enjoy your posts👍