What effect would scottish independence have on the UK tree industry?

daltontrees

More centralising and cutting of jobs needed!

Is that what your saying?😝

I'm saying that the public sector could stand to lose a few more unnecessary jobs. Public sector work can breed a certain work shyness in some people. It's no bad thing to shake things up a bit.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets remember tory gov't in 80's spent 85% of urban renewal budget in London

Nice for London but

Not much left over for the rest of the country

Norway has £90,000 IN THE BANK. For every member of the country because they didn't squander north sea oil

Is europe really going to tell scotland to bugger off? Or is Dave and his mates Just bullying ?

And rule is you never give in to a bully

I hope not Steve as I order a fair bit from the sponsors south of the border as well.

Deans Whiskey thread may be under threat!!!

Think I will sit the rest of this thread out and liberate my imagination. :thumbup1:

I think the points you made for independence were valid, the only criticism you got that they were pie in the sky, which is not a rational argument only caremongering. But Dean deosn't get to vote anyway and doesn't have to live with the direct consequences, just the indirect ones.

I think the points you made for independence were valid, the only criticism you got that they were pie in the sky, which is not a rational argument only caremongering. But Dean deosn't get to vote anyway and doesn't have to live with the direct consequences, just the indirect ones.

We will all live with the consequences. Won't we? We won't be a United Kingdom anymore. WE! Are better off together.

United we stand devided we fall!

You only have a population of 5.5 million, you rely heavily on oil for income.

The points raised were totally invalid, because you cannot say how much in factual terms, was your proportion of money spent in England or how much of your money was spent on you and your infrastructure, benefit system, health care etc etc.

Rather than speculate how much of your wealth we have squandered on us, the royal family, the M25 and not you, give us some figures

Income generated by Scotland minus total expenditure on Scotland

Point is all the SNP forecasts on future spending are based on the current situation, they haven't factored in the extra cost of building a whole state. It will bankrupt the country.

I almost want independence just so that I can say "I told you" in 10 years time, but that would be selfish as it would ruin millions of lives just for my own satisfaction.

I might have dreamt this.

But isn't Scotland part of the UK because centuries ago one of your Kings wanted an Empire like England so he went after Portugal or something?

Then when he ran out of money we struck a deal.

I'm sure it was a TV program about Britain.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Arbtalk mobile app