Whats the best excuse youve been given for taking a sicky

arniecardigan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After shattering my ankle 4 days in to having a cast went up a cedar to put cable and bracing in. Had a cast on for 12 weeks. [ATTACH]146921[/ATTACH]

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

http://Www.colwoodlandcare.co.uk

Good man.

My philosophy is that if you are able to walk to the toilet to throw up, you're able to walk to work.

Vomiting never stopped me going to work, uncontrollable diarrhoea was the only thing to keep me at home.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I've seen all types. Unfortunately, yes the are all young lads that are normally useless. However ive got young lads work for me that would drag themselves in with the plague.

I fractured my colar bone years ago thanks to having my chipper rollers going to fast. and was hedge cutting the next day with one arm in a sling. Only problem was i tripped over a bush, put my arm down and broke my colar bone clean in half!!!!!!!!!

:blushing:

Must admit, when I was on the council I got "stuck" in Holland one weekend, and as there were a few of us, the calls to work were all getting a bit out of hand... By the time I rang my boss, all the good excuses had gone, so I just told him I'd broke both my legs, but I'd be in for Thursday...

three days to recover from broken legs, luckily, me and the boss got on well and he knew that I was fishing, he didn't know where, but he knew the basics...

He didn't even bat an eyelid when I strolled in on Thursday as promised.:thumbup:

A bloke I worked with used the excuse that his wife had fallen downstairs and broken her leg, 4 times in a month. The gaffer asked him if he was married to a spider :D Another one was a chap who was keener on going to the allotment than coming in to work and the foreman came to the machine and said "Dougie rang in he's not coming this afternoon, I think he's got club root"

Just before christmas (the day after receiving their bonus) two of my employees didn't turn up (you know who you are). One phoned in said he was sick... the other didn't come in. When I heard they had been seen heading out the night before I was pretty annoyed... it really messes up the day. The know show was local so I went round and dragged his ass out of bed! He'd got in at 5 in the morning. Not sure he enjoyed the day much... I think he still has nightmares about me in his house.

Young lads do things that are stupid, give them a chance, if they continue doing stupid things there are plenty of others out there, some who are willing to work, even if they make mistakes someti:sneaky2:mes.

A bloke I worked with used the excuse that his wife had fallen downstairs and broken her leg, 4 times in a month. The gaffer asked him if he was married to a spider :D Another one was a chap who was keener on going to the allotment than coming in to work and the foreman came to the machine and said "Dougie rang in he's not coming this afternoon, I think he's got club root"

:laugh1:

I'm no oldie my self but I can agree that the majority of the younger generation are useless, I know of only one that's any good and he's a good mate of mine, he 20 now and got a degree in computer programming so he's a bit geeky and not overly strong but he never fails to impress me when he's out working with me! He just gets on and gets stuff done and I have not once heard him complain about anything. The problem I believe is the lack of common sense these days, people just can't think for themselves, they need spoon feeding like they are all through school, college and uni.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App