New ifor williams or indespension

Orchard gm

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to poke my nose in here :)

The ifor flatbeds and plant trailers are still decent bits of kit, my LM146 tri axle with the crane is a lovely trailer, however my TT3017 tipper is frankly awful, most recent issue is the centre side posts have fractured the welds and bits have cracked off them, I phoned ifor about it and according to to chap in customer services "we are aware of that problem" we will send some new ones, which is good service but when they arrived they are the same design as the old ones, so I guess now it's out of warranty I will have to buy them next year.

That along with quite a few other issues over the newer design and build quality would make me suggest to anyone who was looking for a tipper to look at some of the other manufacturers out there.

Admittedly we do work our trailers really hard but the tipper is way under par for ifor imo.

I would not buy ifor out of choice. Brian james, followed by indespension. Ifor williams have the most pathetic locks on the hitch possible, all thats needed is a flat blade screwdriver and its busted. The indespension have a triplelock. I lost a key to mine once and tried to drill the lock out. It took me a couple of hours. I agree about the tipper problems. It has a channel at the back that constsntly gets filled with crap, along with poor welds, and silly catches on the mesh kit

We had one of each, same model you're looking at. Indespension floor failed in2-3 years,we sold it. The ifor was a much better trailer. Just traded it in for a new 10x5. Lots of improvements on the previous model. I really couldn't recommend an indespension 10x5 although the tail ramp was longer which was the only plus point.

I've heard... Indy are borderline in receiverhsip.

That would be sad if true. Not that I'm a fan but more players in the market forces quality up and prices down. Indespension themselves told me a couple of months ago that they were considering stopping manufacture due to the cost of implementing Oct 2012's Compliance Regs (probably got the wrong year there but you know what I mean).

Jon