What the hell is going on here then ?

Pipmac

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done this many a time(perhaps slightly different circumstances and methods though)...its called cracking on with the job. My guess is 2 seperate teams working on a council contract and thought they'd bosh last one out together to finish the day off.

I don't think that's a good enough excuse,we all want to do things as quick as possible but these lot were just idiots! The guy filming it was he supposed to be stopping the traffic behind him?? It's a good job they moved the truck and chipper at the last moment and what the hell was the fool doing walking towards the tree as it came over,it would have been far more professional if they had coned off the road at both ends if that's legal after all they blocked it anyway with the tree.

If they are AA approved I'm sure Paul Smith would find the vid interesting.

The video at the start of this thread is 3 years old

The other vid posted by the same guy identifying the company is only 7 months old

May not be the same company although I guess some one with the right software could capture and enhance a still from the vid and identify from the high viz logo

Regardless it should still be enough for the AA to justify a couple of spot checks or distance observations to see if they still warrant approval or not

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

The Romanian fella I believe has always worked at that company, regardless I am surprised at the shock pretty much standard procedure on those kind of jobs, and I bet most of he larger more respectable aaac outfits also pull stuff like this. Maybe they did have the right amount of appropriate signage, maybe the spec was to dismantle by climbing and this crew choose to ignore it. This is more a matter of internal discipline, although often if targets are meet no one really cares how until something goes wrong!

The Romanian fella I believe has always worked at that company, regardless I am surprised at the shock pretty much standard procedure on those kind of jobs, and I bet most of he larger more respectable aaac outfits also pull stuff like this. Maybe they did have the right amount of appropriate signage, maybe the spec was to dismantle by climbing and this crew choose to ignore it. This is more a matter of internal discipline, although often if targets are meet no one really cares how until something goes wrong!

Speculative as that statement is, from a H&S viewpoint ground felling is always preferred over work at height so they did the right thing. How they went about it, not so much and putting it on the web even more not so much.

Cutting corners like that is bad practice and if I had never done it I would say they were bad men.:laugh1: