What the hell is going on here then ?

Pipmac

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally can't really see a great problem here. Bit of shouting on the video 'cos someones bag was going to be run over. Saw sounded a little blunt. Not much traffic etc. Tree didn't take much pulling etc Anyone who's been around for a while will have done similar:001_smile:

Personally can't really see a great problem here. Bit of shouting on the video 'cos someones bag was going to be run over. Saw sounded a little blunt. Not much traffic etc. Tree didn't take much pulling etc Anyone who's been around for a while will have done similar:001_smile:

Agreed.

I can only assume some of the people who feel its their place to berate the company in the video must be whiter than white

Felling a street tree .

So this is how the thread started and in my eyes should of finished :D

But regardless of that, if felling healthy trees makes you unprofessional I'm must be a complete rogue:001_rolleyes:

I think you should calm down a bit mate... You might rupture something.

Yeah it is a tree being felled, badly at that but it happens. As long as it is not you or your company doing it then what's the problem..?

I've done this many a time(perhaps slightly different circumstances and methods though)...its called cracking on with the job. My guess is 2 seperate teams working on a council contract and thought they'd bosh last one out together to finish the day off.

Best quotes on the thread and could not agree more!!

I don't think that's a good enough excuse,we all want to do things as quick as possible but these lot were just idiots! The guy filming it was he supposed to be stopping the traffic behind him?? It's a good job they moved the truck and chipper at the last moment and what the hell was the fool doing walking towards the tree as it came over,it would have been far more professional if they had coned off the road at both ends if that's legal after all they blocked it anyway with the tree.

If they are AA approved I'm sure Paul Smith would find the vid interesting.

This is what I'm talking about??? It's like your at school and your telling on a class mate for eating chewing gum all because you haven't got any!

I'm guessing it was an emergency job as the tree has clearly been hit by something large & heavy & both trucks are loaded with chip. The contractors were probably asked by the LA to fell asap. Not normal practice I know & hardly likely to cause any damage to underground services given the size of the tree. Been on a couple of jobs in the past where that was the safest, quickest option & the less inconvenient to the public.

And this is pretty much how I see the video. End off! no critisium because I don't know the total ins and outs to justify my critisium!!

Just everyone whos replied in this thread.

So you see Dan it's wasn't aimed at everyone in the thread!!! ;)

You guys are clearly the ones that need to chill, all I've read on here is everyone throwing there dummy out there pram over a video that you can't see clearly for a start but to more the fact you know absolutely nothing about!!

Exactly . . Nothing happened . job done . . Leave it alone will yer !!!

You guys are clearly the ones that need to chill, all I've read on here is everyone throwing there dummy out there pram over a video that you can't see clearly for a start but to more the fact you know absolutely nothing about!!

The video is as clear as day mate just like one of yours regularly posted on here ,this is a forum so people are allowed their views ,you seem the angry one relax.:001_cool:

As a novice cutter who never goes off the farm is it normal for there to be a complete lack of communication between the guys? Lots of you think this totally normal. For me the tree felling looks OK but the shouting stop stop with no result and then this guy having to jump out the way of the falling tree looks very poor and bl@@dy dangerous. Just my amateur perspective.

The video is as clear as day mate just like one of yours regularly posted on here ,this is a forum so people are allowed their views ,you seem the angry one relax.:001_cool:

Not angry at all buddy!!

Just tell me exactly what that videos shows?

Someone felling a tree in the road for 1

Does it explain what was the reason for the approach of the job and why everyone is digging in there claws and clutching at straws as to instigate what is going on??

It doesn't does it!!! :)

I was as cool as a cucumber when I posted my first post and let me check my blood pressure????????

Nope!!!! Its still good :D