Climbing in Class A's

Timber Tom

Ive heard a rumour that they've changed the legislation on climbing trousers and that its now acceptable to climb in class a's, is this true? or do you still have to have protection at the back of the calf?

It would be good if you can, I dont know about anyone else but my legs are getting a bit sweaty just lately...

Tom.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive heard a rumour that they've changed the legislation on climbing trousers and that its now acceptable to climb in class a's, is this true? or do you still have to have protection at the back of the calf?

It would be good if you can, I dont know about anyone else but my legs are getting a bit sweaty just lately...

Tom.

Please be care full when using terms like "legislation" there is very little "legislation" that applies to our work.

You ain't gonna get a policeman coming on site and arresting you for wearing the wrong pants or not having your NPTC.

The "guidance" will however be seen as best practice by a judge, should something go badly wrong, and if you have employees (over whom you do LEGALLY have a "duty of care") and you have not followed current best practice, you could well find you have fallen foul of the law.

ditto

i'd overheat even on the coldest of days wearing type C

if its a really warm day, i do the job different. cut everything that needs cut, then stick on a light pair of combats for chipping and sweeping up. if i need to cut anything small i use the pole pruner. since stretch airs i wear type c all the time when climbing big stuff. :001_smile:

Climbing in them aint too bad for me except when it does get hot for the few days of the year the sun comes out, I find its when you get down and help out dragging and logging that its bad news.

I do try and bring shorts etc for this reason in summer.