Drugs at work

Treemon

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some stats DrugScope | DRUG INFORMATION | How many people use drugs?

On these stats alone we have a possible problem with at least two or three staff, this is not the case to the best of my knowledge but probable. Without a system for testing your own guys you are better of being blissfully ignorant and praying you are right. In saying that dont be shocked if proven otherwise. :)

Bob

Eddy, your point of judging is mute here. This is not about tit for tat. This is about being under the influence of anything whilst at work and maintaing your professionalism.

Doing 33 in a 30 zone is not equal to driving under the influence of anything. Even the law demonstrates that.

The bottom line and surely you must agree that attending work under the influence of anything is not tolerable.

No excuses, ever.

I'm not saying people can't take drugs. Or drink. But, if your social life is dependant on drugs and/or alcohol then you shouldn't be in a career which involves operating machinery in a professional environment the following day.

Yes, it is a no brainer, we shouldn't do anything that makes this job any harder, but I don't think throwing the insults and derogatory terms is necessary to describe someone, especially from those taking a high ground who are just as guilty of braking a rule or law, no matter how small it is in comparison, there is NO need to label anyone as scum or thieves if they're a drug user, but the point mr b picked me up on, was that it seems to be the same ones over and over again who take the high ground who are just as quick on other threads to contradict their holier-than-thou attitude

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Yes, it is a no brainer, we shouldn't do anything that makes this job any harder, but I don't think throwing the insults and derogatory terms is necessary to describe someone, especially from those taking a high ground who are just as guilty of braking a rule or law, no matter how small it is in comparison, there is NO need to label anyone as scum or thieves if they're a drug user, but the point mr b picked me up on, was that it seems to be the same ones over and over again who take the high ground who are just as quick on other threads to contradict their holier-than-thou attitude

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

People tend to label others based on their experience, if people have experience those who take illegal drugs to be less than idea human beings can you really blame them for expressing their view??

As for thinking doing a mile per hour or two over the limit is in anyway comparable, I really don't get it.

Drugs change people, thats their whole point, I guess many don't think its for the better.

I've personally never taken drugs, just don't feel the need or see the point.

Have you ever taken either? I ask because you have made a generalisation that is way out IMO.

Hodge yes I have .. I lived with a dealer for 5 years I have had friends and family commit suicide through been in debt through coke and die from heart attacks to other diseases I won't tell you much more but trust me mate I know I have been seen and done all drugs and they destroy life's from alcohol to heroin and hash ...I have had friends die under hedges and in front of there kids or had social services take there kids off them and that ruin there life's ... Complete mugs game... But I can generalise and say coke heads are the biggest dicks I have ever met ...

Hodge yes I have .. I lived with a dealer for 5 years I have had friends and family commit suicide through been in debt through coke and die from heart attacks to other diseases I won't tell you much more but trust me mate I know I have been seen and done all drugs and they destroy life's from alcohol to heroin and hash ...I have had friends die under hedges and in front of there kids or had social services take there kids off them and that ruin there life's ... Complete mugs game... But I can generalise and say coke heads are the biggest dicks I have ever met ...

Each to their own, I can't be bothered carrying on in this thread as I have other things to do but if agree and disagree with some of the points made.