Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Is that a 1.5 tonne how much could you realistically lift with that machine.

Its a 2.7 tonne. probably 3 tonne the time I add the grab and rotator.

It would lift 3/4 tonne off the ground just, but its more what it brings to the job in upending, dragging, pulling and pushing logs about. That and the fact I can transport it easely.

Its a 2.7 tonne. probably 3 tonne the time I add the grab and rotator.

It would lift 3/4 tonne off the ground just, but its more what it brings to the job in upending, dragging, pulling and pushing logs about. That and the fact I can transport it easely.

Thanks I'm trying to weigh up if I should go for a big cheep machine for the yard or a more compact machine that wii cost more but can be used on the landscaping / trees. Decisions decisions

well its time for a bigger machine me thinks!(still keping the 3 tonner though)

The digger is brilliant and has punched above its weight more than i ever thought.

Now i am getting more woodland work and i am getting more experience i feel some of the places i am venturing warrant a more stable, larger guarded machine. Oh and a winch, Ergon head, flail, tree shear etc etc.

Thoughts and pics please guys

Should have just bought my old one Stephen! The guy that bought it came to look at my current setup to see what it could do, with thoughts of a much larger machine.

Once he'd seen what it could do and how I look after my kit, he had no hesitation.

I'd say he saved a minimum of 45K, and got a fantastic full setup ready to go straight to work.

These Pocket Rockets are where it's at for a lot of this work, and there is another machine literally just about to come into the mix that will provide a cost effective compact, powerful solution.

There is also a great dealer for them in your area too.

I have a demo already booked, so I'll share my thoughts.

The winch is out to work shortly so I'll get some video of it in action.

Eddie.

Should have just bought my old one Stephen! The guy that bought it came to look at my current setup to see what it could do, with thoughts of a much larger machine.

Once he'd seen what it could do and how I look after my kit, he had no hesitation.

I'd say he saved a minimum of 45K, and got a fantastic full setup ready to go straight to work.

These Pocket Rockets are where it's at for a lot of this work, and there is another machine literally just about to come into the mix that will provide a cost effective compact, powerful solution.

There is also a great dealer for them in your area too.

I have a demo already booked, so I'll share my thoughts.

The winch is out to work shortly so I'll get some video of it in action.

Eddie.

I didn't think I suffered from envy, but I saw your old machine for sale and really pondered as to how I could justify buying it... I know the new owner (top bloke!) and am now envious! What a set up for the money!

I didn't think I suffered from envy, but I saw your old machine for sale and really pondered as to how I could justify buying it... I know the new owner (top bloke!) and am now envious! What a set up for the money!

Yes I went over to his yard to run him through all he needs to know to keep her in perfect condition, top people and I hope we may see the two machines turn out together on a project yet!

Still cleans up very nicely and really is a straight to work machine. I don't shy away from working my kit hard, but it never wants for anything and it really was working flat out until the moment it left.

I'm biased but I think he's bought well, and I may yet get to do a shift back on it if he's stuck for an Operator sometime!:thumbup:

Eddie.

I'm in a similar position now, got a 2.5 tonne JCB 802 which has been a super bit of kit and never let me down, currently got a standard fixed grab on her. Looking to upgrade in the next year or two. The new 8 tonne JCB 86-c personally looks a top contender mainly due to dealer support in the area and good back up.

Eddie how do you think the new 8 tonne JCB 86-c would compare to the Kubota of yours, I saw in the online brochure that JCB also offer a knuckle boom version too.

Ian