Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Until you see what they weigh :001_huh:

What do they weigh? I want to convert my tipper into one it currently has a tare weight of 9900kg give or take with a crane and 20M chip box. It rarely weighs more than 16t when full, leaving 2 ton spare. I presume the hook gear wouldn't weigh more than that ?

I'm the same as you Stephen, been working with my 3 tonner for 18 months now- I couldn't live without this size of machine given how many jobs it has been used where access is restricted, but now I think I could use a 5-8 tonner a fair bit too. I also think it could really expand my options for work too and hiring kit has problems written all over it. IMO after 3 ton you start to get a lot more metal for your money, transport is also an issue for me- I have a tractor but a decent low loader trailer is 7k or so and that'll pay for a lot of haulage where I wouldn't have the added hassle of keeping legal etc.

either a Takeucho tb175 or tb145 would suit me nicely- I just can't see past Takeuchi's but they do hold their value like no-ones business.

What do they weigh? I want to convert my tipper into one it currently has a tare weight of 9900kg give or take with a crane and 20M chip box. It rarely weighs more than 16t when full, leaving 2 ton spare. I presume the hook gear wouldn't weigh more than that ?

On the plus side of 3 tons for the hookloader atleast the boss bought one and the 2.8 tonne telehandler wouldnt pick it up then the bodies are heavier than a normal trailer body i reckon our one with one of the low bodys on it must be around 10 tonne and is of much lighter construction than some and then you have at least 2 tonne of crain leaving you very little carrying capacity

On the plus side of 3 tons for the hookloader atleast the boss bought one and the 2.8 tonne telehandler wouldnt pick it up then the bodies are heavier than a normal trailer body i reckon our one with one of the low bodys on it must be around 10 tonne and is of much lighter construction than some and then you have at least 2 tonne of crain leaving you very little carrying capacity

What, it wouldn't lift just he sub frame and hook etc ?