Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few images of the Liebherr which is making it's way back from it's final modifications by John Craig via a couple of shows.

It's pictured here this week at the Hillhead Show Buxton.

It's been away for final mods to the Engcon and Grapple Saw, plus a decent chunk of counterweight that I couldn't resist having a bit of fun with!:thumb up:

Really looking forward to getting it back now, and doing a video whilst it's still very shiny!

A few people around in the pics that give some scale.

Eddie.

13567043_10157246020675045_5572474341176824570_n.jpg.be53c14948fcacb901701062a9de9601.jpg

13438880_10157244194495045_5686697329467316303_n.jpg.dce7a32aa97a40f49dd0d036cb5c6e16.jpg

13585009_10157244198370045_9054387522111638043_o.jpg.49f20dfc3ca0b7c0fd424755c092449f.jpg

13501692_10157244194490045_7699858914585428918_n.jpg.7b8706f4d4444c71bc4d41f69c481d6d.jpg

Very nice indeed.

How come the head has two quick hitch positions on it?

Well spotted!:thumbup:

Basically for absolute maximum height and reach, I can remove the actual Engcon Tiltrotator unit and go directly with the top quick hitch into the bottom position.

This gives a worthwhile gain in forward reach and cutting height, with the bonus that 900kg of weight has been removed to counteract this.

All this can be achieved without leaving the seat via the Engcon Ec-Oil connection system.

To give some idea, the machine will handle around 1 tonne at full reach in the shear over the side in the configuration you see there, and more in the grapple saw.

It's really a lot more compact than it would at first seem, and folds down superbly for transport, but once unfolded and cab set at a comfortable height, its some bit of kit and seriously quick too!

Eddie.

Saw this today - it's a beast! Lots of great attention to detail - there is a lot of really tidy work just gone into that hitch set up alone. The build pics alongside were amazing too!

I was hoping to have a poke around the grapple saw but sadly no...

Good luck with it Eddie, it looks very ready for action now!

Saw this today - it's a beast! Lots of great attention to detail - there is a lot of really tidy work just gone into that hitch set up alone. The build pics alongside were amazing too!

I was hoping to have a poke around the grapple saw but sadly no...

Good luck with it Eddie, it looks very ready for action now!

Thanks, it's great when people see the images of what it was like before! An awful lot of thought has gone into this, as I've been and studied what others are using and hopefully raised the bar a bit with my own take on the attachments plus a few other mods.

Liebherr and John Craig have put serious time into getting this just right, and the grapple saw really has pushed even John Craig pretty hard to get just right.

I would have left the grapple saw with it, but this show was really for Liebherr to demonstrate the standard they can achieve refurbishing a used machine.

It's home very shortly and the aim is to video it in action whilst looking A1, so hopefully it'll be worth sharing.

After that it'll be available for work.

Eddie.

Thanks, it's great when people see the images of what it was like before! An awful lot of thought has gone into this, as I've been and studied what others are using and hopefully raised the bar a bit with my own take on the attachments plus a few other mods.

Liebherr and John Craig have put serious time into getting this just right, and the grapple saw really has pushed even John Craig pretty hard to get just right.

I would have left the grapple saw with it, but this show was really for Liebherr to demonstrate the standard they can achieve refurbishing a used machine.

It's home very shortly and the aim is to video it in action whilst looking A1, so hopefully it'll be worth sharing.

After that it'll be available for work.

Eddie.

Yeah, I was talking to the fella from Liebherr who heads up the refurbishment team and he was rightly very proud of it as a showcase. I couldn't believe it when he let me have a go, and I was surprised how well that shear cuts through limestone too....