Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a mad few weeks, with a visit to what is possibly an event beyond words, the Bauma Machinery show in Munich, and then a couple of days at Scotplant where the Liebherr made an appearance on the JCC Engcon Stand.

Bauma was a real eye opener, and I got the first opportunity to run up the steps of the much anticipated JCB Hydradig.

It really is some concept this machine, and it will certainly change all manufacturers thinking for wheeled excavators going forward.

Did I rate it? Yes it was certainly on another level from present JCB offerings and just the cab environment alone was worthy of much praise.

I'm off to try one Thursday, so I'll see what it actually performs like in the flesh.

This really caught my eye as I've been waiting for this to land from Engcon having seen the prototype last year.

Basically Engcon have made the Integral Gripper into a separate unit that can be removed easily when required to save weight or reduce size when in confined trenches, but it has brought with it some added benefits.

The connection point is similar to their current EC-Oil system, so there is now nothing stopping anyone coming up with attachments to fit directly onto here and have two double acting circuits plus probably electrics to power them.

What these attachments could be is really down to the users applications, but the one Engcon have showcased first is a cable brush.

Not really for guys on here, just look at the mounting point being ideal for other toys!

[ame]

[/ame]

Eddie.

seen your new digger at scotplant eddie its looking good i was wanting to see it working have you had it out on a job yet and got film?

No it's a labour of love getting this one perfect as it's got quite a few never been done before things hanging off the end, and fair play to John Craig he's put serious work in to get it perfect.

The machine was actually up in Scotland for a final modification which just happened to be around show time, so John took the opportunity to have it on the stand.

No way a grapple saw should be working on a show stand in that environment with people standing next to it, and the other guys operating one on site should have known an awful lot better than that!:thumbdown:

Next job on it's return is a professional promotional film of it's capabilities, and the search is on at present for a suitable site to film on.

Hard to find a site to showcase it that will be ok with the messing about that filming will require, so it looks likely someone will be getting a chunk of work done at absolute minimal cost if they are accommodating.

Hopefully after that a Demo Day for interested parties.

I'm really looking forward to it coming home in around a weeks time now, and being totally ready for action!:thumbup:

Eddie.

Hydradig definitely looks an impressive concept in this video, shame it's tow limit is only 3.5ton els it'd be really useful.

This little thing caught my eye as something else that is an interesting multi trick machine that if you had 1 and the sort of work that'd suit would be a fantastic little earner.

Hydradig definitely looks an impressive concept in this video, shame it's tow limit is only 3.5ton els it'd be really useful.

This little thing caught my eye as something else that is an interesting multi trick machine that if you had 1 and the sort of work that'd suit would be a fantastic little earner.

That little trick machine would need to be a good earner, heading for 50k full spec I believe, but yes ultra versatile and a lot of job satisfaction I bet.

A write up on one in this months Earthmovers magazine.

The Hydradig is limited to 3.5tonne to hopefully keep it to attachments only not haulage, but expect to see tri axle low loaders with 13 tonne tracked machines or loaded dump trailers behind them, from the "it's ok around here" brigade.

Eddie.

This is an impressive set up

Somebody had way too much spare time that day, she's definitely a good operator and the machine is a really good setup, wounder how it fairs in very wet conditions...