Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

24 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

To add to point 6) you can buy the thing in my link for less than a tilting grader and it will work with any bucket....

I've seen that, it's an Rsl attachment that would work very nicely and I bet it's what I end with! Just nice to have explorered all the options.

2 hours ago, william127 said:

I've seen that, it's an Rsl attachment that would work very nicely and I bet it's what I end with! Just nice to have explorered all the options.

Yes I agree, I’m tempted myself, but also a little concerned that it’s a bit bulky- but perhaps fine if it’s with a grading bucket. Just thinking about working around obstacles and the like it...

3 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

1) digbits will do pins and bushes for any machine

2) To follow on from Richie, yes you need double acting, does your machine have 2 hammer lines? If so there will be a lever somewhere on you machine to make it either a single acting circuit or double acting- you want the latter.

3) There is usually a valve on the aux hoses just where you couple the attachments too- in mine it’s a bolt you turn to shut aux fluid off- make sure they are fully open. When you are using the log splitter- can you hear the engine bogging down/pump straining? Also could be a pressure relief valve on the actual log splitter? 

4) that’s a little worrying- does the digging functions still perform as normal, ie just tracking a problem? Does it track in a straight line?. Make sure your track motors have enough oil in them.

5) This is one o the reasons I like Takeuchis- they have actually sat down at worked out the buckets - blade geometry. It baffles me why so many manufacturers fall short in this area on 1.5t machines. If you extend your blade just be aware that consequently it will lift higher- make sure it can’t fowl on any slewing operations when it’s lifted?? Otherwise I’d say go for it- it makes life so much easier really.

6) powertilts are about £3k plus I believe. Would one of these suffice- certainly a lot cheaper but obviously it’s a less compact unit at the end.https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/excavator-bucket-tilt-attachment-to-fit-diggers-from-1-5t-2-7t-inc-VAT-and-pins-/181592362122

2 there is a line down each side of the boom, and a lever under the matting that may well be for that, I'll have to have a look.

3 the digger has quite successfully run the log splitter for the last couple of years, it's definitely a case of something is now not right! I'll hook the splitter up to a tractor to check it's not the splitter itself but I don't think it will be.

4 I will be checking and changing the track motor oils when I next work on it.

thanks for the help so far 

6 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Yes I agree, I’m tempted myself, but also a little concerned that it’s a bit bulky- but perhaps fine if it’s with a grading bucket. Just thinking about working around obstacles and the like it...

The bulk is an issue, but I'm still very interested. It does help that rsl are only 30 minutes down the road from me and very easy to deal with 

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd add a few images to this thread now I'm starting to get back on my feet a bit. Unbelievably the big Liebherr is still not back out to work almost 12 months after the Arson attack, and without going into all the details, it's been an horrendous experience dealing with Loss adjusters, Insurance and worst of all Liebherr. 

However an awful lot of people worse off than me and just keep moving forward. I've specced up the Kobelco and that's out to work doing a fantastic job and I'm extremely happy both with it, and being back at work.

The Liebherr should hopefully be out later this week, they have made an incredible job of it, it's just like new, they just manage to make a couple of tiny sagging jobs into a full blown crisis!

I've taken advantage of the time to sharpen up the attachments into some great tools that fit either the Kobelco or Liebherr, with the Engcon Ec-Oil system common on both.

Plus a slightly trick extension for the Mecanil Head that should make a huge difference.

Eddie.

IMG_2789.thumb.JPG.e23089a9e910b49d115d408fb9a53a68.JPGIMG_2546.thumb.JPG.91034ff60259d1ce01921d0d3ee45613.JPG

Eddie

IMG_3193.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3293.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_3129.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

• Like 2

Eddie impressive! spec build and ability!  frustrating  liebherr but it is worth your investment, time, patience and it will pay off and you can reap the just rewards for your vision of mechanised tree handling, I look forward to action pictures of the '' trick extension ''   all the best j