Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Just a heads up on the soon to be, or even could be released now Takeuchi Tb225. This in my opinion is going to end up the Arb weapon of choice for guys who want a towable solution.

I'm trying to find out if it's finally available, but the specs stack up into what everyone really wanted, and that was just a grown up TB016.

The brochure makes for some interesting reading and straight away I picked up on the twin double acting proportional circuits for the all important Grab/Rotate, but there is mention of a 4th Circuit (the other will be quick hitch) and I've been told that Takeuchi offer this on some models.

Basically if you can get this machine with three proportional double acting auxiliary circuits and quick hitch pipes, you've got the ultimate mini Titrotator carrier! No need for anything fancy like control systems, just pipe up your Tilt/Rotate and Auxiliary separately and be able to use them in any combination.

Expanding tracks from 1100mm to 1500mm should make this able to access tight sites, but have great stability for the heavy work.

I really like the spec and the all important 2400kg with Cab. If it really is as good as the spec, I think you'll be doing well to even get one!

https://takeuchiglobal.com/compact-excavators/tb225-compact-excavator/

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Just a heads up on the soon to be, or even could be released now Takeuchi Tb225. This in my opinion is going to end up the Arb weapon of choice for guys who want a towable solution.

I'm trying to find out if it's finally available, but the specs stack up into what everyone really wanted, and that was just a grown up TB016.

The brochure makes for some interesting reading and straight away I picked up on the twin double acting proportional circuits for the all important Grab/Rotate, but there is mention of a 4th Circuit (the other will be quick hitch) and I've been told that Takeuchi offer this on some models.

Basically if you can get this machine with three proportional double acting auxiliary circuits and quick hitch pipes, you've got the ultimate mini Titrotator carrier! No need for anything fancy like control systems, just pipe up your Tilt/Rotate and Auxiliary separately and be able to use them in any combination.

Expanding tracks from 1100mm to 1500mm should make this able to access tight sites, but have great stability for the heavy work.

I really like the spec and the all important 2400kg with Cab. If it really is as good as the spec, I think you'll be doing well to even get one!

Eddie.

Will it have a floating blade, this is the second best thing for arb work after the additional aux's 

1 hour ago, LGP Eddie said:

Eddie.

Took the words out of my mouth Eddie. I knew this machine has been in the pipeline for a few years.I got sent an email about the TB225 from CBL and thought that would pretty much tick all the boxes for arb work.

At first I wasn’t sure if I liked the fact that it had expanding tracks, the main reasons being such low ground clearance and possibly slew ring being smaller and based nearer to a TB016 rather than the larger TB125, but obvious advantages for getting into restricted areas. I reckon these will sell like hot cakes especially in the landscaping sector as can comfortably be towed along with a plethora of attachments.

No idea of the price they are going to be going for - id guess around £23k plus the VAT but will be keen to know more if anyone looks into them further.

Apparently the TB225 will be available over here from April, but the first machines will only have a single double acting spool. There are more machines due in August with two double acting proportional spools, and it is possible to order from the factory with the 4 spools but you need to order now if you want one in August.

Rough figures are +£1k for the second proportional spool, and + another £1600 for the 3rd and 4th spools.

You should be able to get one tilty’d up with a bottom hydraulic quick hitch and a few buckets, and the all important ability to operate a grab for around £30k plus the vat. The Takeuchi spools will not allow tilt and grab at the same time - the second and fourth service latch through the same proportional switch on the right hand joystick. 

Pretty good value if you ask me - obviously a decent timber grab would be a couple of grand on top of that, and the same again for a trailer to drag it around on but it looks to be a really handy size/weight for easy and legal operation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

30k seems a lot to me, my local Takeuchi dealer quoted me £24k 2 years ago for the 3 ton 228, and Volvo £26k for their EC27. But I suppose if that is for a tilting hitch too it’s not too bad.

That £30k ballpark is a cabbed machine and includes the tiltrotator with hydraulic quick hitch and buckets - you could easily spend more than £10k getting a similarly operating set-up onto another machine. The basic machine with manual hitch and 3 buckets straight from Takeuchi is anywhere from £21k upwards if you just want a canopy and single hammer line. These look very competitively priced and as Eddie said, getting hold of one is likely to be the biggest problem! 

3 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

That £30k ballpark is a cabbed machine and includes the tiltrotator with hydraulic quick hitch and buckets - you could easily spend more than £10k getting a similarly operating set-up onto another machine. The basic machine with manual hitch and 3 buckets straight from Takeuchi is anywhere from £21k upwards if you just want a canopy and single hammer line. These look very competitively priced and as Eddie said, getting hold of one is likely to be the biggest problem! 

Ah ok, sorry didn’t realise that 30k included a proper tilt rotator setup- though you just meant the sides to side tilt hitch (which are still dear anyway)

£21k starting price does seem good.

for those wanting a Takeuchi tb016/216 model- there may well be an influx of used machines coming up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...