Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

On 16/09/2017 at 19:12, richy_B said:

Bought myself a riddle bucket from digbits for the mini. Does a pretty good job - seperated out a pile of about 15 cubes into soil and crap on an allotment in about an hour.

f24258a9e1d8927246cf87df46495d01.jpg

22a73d2206c38318eb9956ac9b3e5a53.jpg

Great attachments those. My mate hates it on his machinem, reckons it shags the pins and bushes by shaking the machine all the time!

On 03/02/2018 at 12:58, John Shutler said:

Had a rake bucket adapted to work beneath the grab on my 6 tonne excavator 

works nicely 

6BDB40EA-D920-4DDC-AEAD-C8B9B90EDCB5.jpeg

6E50B3DB-F51F-41F6-85C4-E1747947111B.jpeg

3CFA247C-7258-4FEA-AD5A-0755FFE50AC2.jpeg

Another way to do that, simply get the manufacturers to put taller side plates on the Head Bracket, and space the plates at the correct width so the Grab will go under the pins and fit snugly between the plates.

Obviously this makes the pins too long for the machine, but the trick is to get them to fit a larger diameter pin for strength, turned down to the correct size in the centre like a ‘dog bone’ so when on the machine it remains centred.

You’ll get a nice solid bite at a better angle then and the machine won’t bother about slightly higher side plates.

Eddie.

28 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Another way to do that, simply get the manufacturers to put taller side plates on the Head Bracket, and space the plates at the correct width so the Grab will go under the pins and fit snugly between the plates.

Obviously this makes the pins too long for the machine, but the trick is to get them to fit a larger diameter pin for strength, turned down to the correct size in the centre like a ‘dog bone’ so when on the machine it remains centred.

You’ll get a nice solid bite at a better angle then and the machine won’t bother about slightly higher side plates.

Eddie.

That’s a good solution Eddie, I may get mine converted at some point but this will do for the time being. Il probably refine my setup when I get round to getting an engcon unit. I liked the way it was done for the beam on your old machine where the grab closed into it

12 minutes ago, John Shutler said:

That’s a good solution Eddie, I may get mine converted at some point but this will do for the time being. Il probably refine my setup when I get round to getting an engcon unit. I liked the way it was done for the beam on your old machine where the grab closed into it

I’ve had a few guys contact me about doing different ones for them. The ‘Pocket’ type works brilliant for the Engcon SK type Grab, and the wider pins for more traditional timber grabs is one simple way of doing it. 

The ‘Steel Log’ as it ended up being named turned out to be a superb addition, and lived almost permanently on the Kubota blade. Nothing to touch it for tidying up and levelling chip.?

17619B2C-7C7C-499C-BC58-75626CE590E6.jpeg

Looking at a New Holland E18c mini digger at moment and looking to use for moving some timber  as well. Would love to have grab and rotator but prob too much money. Could go timber grab and knock around rotator. Though think choice will be between a grapple grab and a thumb with the standard bucket or thumb with talon, your thoughts would be appreciated. Digger has hammer lines which could be used  and bucked ram tapped into to use as the second service  

On 08/02/2018 at 17:59, htb said:

Looking at a New Holland E18c mini digger at moment and looking to use for moving some timber  as well. Would love to have grab and rotator but prob too much money. Could go timber grab and knock around rotator. Though think choice will be between a grapple grab and a thumb with the standard bucket or thumb with talon, your thoughts would be appreciated. Digger has hammer lines which could be used  and bucked ram tapped into to use as the second service  

A thumb and a ripper tooth is an excellent start for handling timber for a good price. Mine has handled hundreds of tons of timber and dug out countless stumps.

a rotating grab will be better at handling timber but a thumb is cheaper and you always have it with you. 

So finally got an attachment that has taken a fair bit of time and effort top get sorted all up and running.

Basically a telescopic extension to carry the Mecanil Head, that can be used on either the Kobelco or Liebherr.

John Craig of Jcc Group has done an incredible job on this, it all connects on the Engcon Ec-Oil system from the cab, and he's even managed to get the extra functions for the Mecanil Radio remote control running on my current Joysticks.

Hopefully this has given me another dimension, and certainly made this Kobelco some setup for Roadside applications. 

She will work in a single lane and has all the Prolec setup to restrict any aspect of it's working envelope required. The Mecanil is completely different to a Shear, incredible control and capacity.

I've not had the tape measure on it yet, but she's heading for 15 metre reach out of a single lane closure and plenty of height!

Eddie.

IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_3485.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

• Like 5