What gloves?

ThrustSSC

Ok, I'm getting peed off with buying new chainsaw gloves far too frequently. I didn't mind when I had a crappy saw and bought cheap ones, but then I got some decent kit and graduated to Stihl's gloves at about £25 a pair.

Problem is, the leather side rapidly gets holey - they just don't last. The chainsaw protection side is fine, but the grip side is far too flimsy.

Can anyone suggest something hardier from experience, please?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a deal for you - buy some of these new Sugi low vibe ones... use for a good while then post a review upon this thread with at least 5 pictures...

I've used them and found them very good, loverly and warm, excellent anti vibe and.... they are machine washable!

But I've not used them day in day out for chainsaw use...

After you've updated this thread with pics and review I'll send you another pair free!

Products for the category: Forestry equipment

But - they only come in a medium size! So that could scupper the deal...

:001_smile:

597666d8dbece_Capturegloves.PNG.b9b1d06accf939d680fb79df343ab8ed.PNG

Here's a deal for you - buy some of these new Sugi low vibe ones... use for a good while then post a review upon this thread with at least 5 pictures...

I've used them and found them very good, loverly and warm, excellent anti vibe and.... they are machine washable!

After you've updated this thread with pics and review I'll send you another pair free!

HI ROB THEY are very good mate i need a large pair thanks jon :thumbup:

Damn! I was all ready to say: "You have a deal!" then I got to the bit about having girly hands :-(

I'm with Jon Mendi-Plogs, I'm afraid. Big hands :(

Ok, I'm getting peed off with buying new chainsaw gloves far too frequently. I didn't mind when I had a crappy saw and bought cheap ones, but then I got some decent kit and graduated to Stihl's gloves at about £25 a pair.

Problem is, the leather side rapidly gets holey - they just don't last. The chainsaw protection side is fine, but the grip side is far too flimsy.

Can anyone suggest something hardier from experience, please?

What you want is a selection, some for climbing, some for general ground work, some welding gauntlets for the sharp stuff, and some thermal ones to put under them all for when it gets a bit chilly.

Bigger AV gloves sound like a plan.

Here's a list of what I use, I think that's sub £20 for the lot

Towa Activegrip Advance gloves | F R Jones and Son

Cutter work gloves | F R Jones and Son

Toolstation > Workwear > Gloves > Welding Gauntlets

Arco Website - Marigold Insulator KT1 & KT2 Thermal Glove from Marigold - Product 1447100

Edited by redmoosefaction