All kit stolen

Shire-Forestry

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shire,

Mate. Not only is it a bstd. You got favourite kit and time/ money is going to be wasted why you sort yourself out. Had tools nicked from my place a few years ago. Word to the wise.. Change your methods of storage. Don't just make good and start again as the low life's know the crack and what you got. I am paranoid now and stash everything big time.

Best of luck getting back up on your feet,.

Do any of you guys have an auto jumble round you? This place Rufforth Auto Jumble - Home is about 40 miles from me, ive never been for a look round but i do talk to a fella who does go and he says there are loads of tools on sale, lots of gardening gear all from traveller types, a few months ago someone was selling like new MS241's for £160 KM130 with 2 attachments for £180. He says the trick they use is to put a saw on the stall with a price sticker and sold written across it. Then if you look at it, you are asked if your interested in a saw and they say we've a few in the van that we cant fit on the stall. Then when you have a look your presented with a van full of probably nicked gear.

We are talking about professional thieves, this is how they make a living in much the same way as we do by grafting every day, my only advice would be, if you have your saws,chipper etc with you on the way home and have a dodgy vehicle behind you don't go home, make a detour until youv lost them, because as soon as they know where you keep your gear they will hit you. Its a sad state of affairs but that's life:thumbdown:

Steve is right there ....

Do any of you guys have an auto jumble round you? This place Rufforth Auto Jumble - Home is about 40 miles from me, ive never been for a look round but i do talk to a fella who does go and he says there are loads of tools on sale, lots of gardening gear all from traveller types, a few months ago someone was selling like new MS241's for £160 KM130 with 2 attachments for £180. He says the trick they use is to put a saw on the stall with a price sticker and sold written across it. Then if you look at it, you are asked if your interested in a saw and they say we've a few in the van that we cant fit on the stall. Then when you have a look your presented with a van full of probably nicked gear.

Agreed

Haven't been to Rufforth for 6-8 months, but it's known for 'gear' and the Feds seem to do nothing:001_rolleyes: