4x4 tipper advise

jjll

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as good as a landy but when the back body on the Hilux lost its newness I bought a transit tipper body and had our fitter mash it onto the back. If you get the ali floor one , it disassembled a bit like tongue and groove flooring making for a very easy chop. Works a treat on the truck but only good for carrying one ton.

Bob

017.jpg (81.3 KB)

018.jpg (79.3 KB)

019.jpg (73.2 KB)

019.jpg.0a3de7594fea4206d22ad87977875d73.jpg

018.jpg.8de6c6ff7cff6cede901244452947d90.jpg

017.jpg.a9d0efb29aa0dbac473219ede6b39f0b.jpg

Who's just had a gearbox rebuild:001_tt2:

sorry couldn't help it

:sneaky2: settle it was only 3rd and 4th:laugh1:

Youl hear a lot about heads going on the older ones as there are so much of them out there i was told mitsi have over a third of the pick up market

Not as good as a landy but when the back body on the Hilux lost its newness I bought a transit tipper body and had our fitter mash it onto the back. If you get the ali floor one , it disassembled a bit like tongue and groove flooring making for a very easy chop. Works a treat on the truck but only good for carrying one ton.

Bob

017.jpg (81.3 KB)

018.jpg (79.3 KB)

019.jpg (73.2 KB)

Have you weighed yours empty. The plate on ours says 2550kg loaded. Ours weighs 2000 kg empty.

I,m glad it's worked for you Chris, the problem is it doesnt matter how big the box, they still seem to fill very quickly :lol:

Yes but surly that is a positive thing, if the chip box fills quickly that means the job is getting done quickly which in turn translates to money in the bank

Ward 19

Infection & Tropical Diseases