4x4 tipper advise

jjll

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used plenty of jap wagons...them D-Max are made of cheese for sure...

Im back in a landy again..........bloody things are unstoppable and so cheap...

yes you can change from low to high in a landy if you double the clutch once you got moveing up to 7mph or so..

I regularly used to go from 6th low to 3rd high at about 30mph.

In both a Defender and Discovery 3 when towing heavy weights. No knocks, no bangs, no damage.

Just got to double de- clutch and time it properly. Obviously you just pull the lever in the Disco which is a bit easier.

The Iveco has payload and volume, mine holds 7 cubic meters if chip and carry's it no problem, when filled to the max I am a shaving over 5500kg

-not sure what you meant by not having the volume?

Ward 19

Infection & Tropical Diseases

There were a few of us at a show a few years back when we first saw the iveco, unless it was the short wheel version it didn't look as though you could get any decent size box on it, do they do a long wheelbase version of it now Chris ?

The one at the show didn't look as if it would fit my landy box on and the small size of the payload area was a comment everyone was making.

Being totally honest when i had the body built i went to see it in the fabrication shop and it looked tiny, i thought to myself i think ive just made the worst business decision ever buying this Iveco especially the crewcab version

I just went with it and it suprises me every day with its capacity, we call it the Tardis. It holds 7 cube which is a huge amount, no tools at all go in the back so we can fill it to the top. Turns out it was the best business decision ive ever made..... Well until i bought the Vermeer - WOW

Ward 19

Infection & Tropical Diseases

Iam sure that merc do a printer van that's 4X4 iam not sure if they do a chasie cab go and ask at your merc garage, it may be a special order, if your going to get a pick up never go for a front wheel drive they are rubbish when the weight is on the back as it lifts the front wheels up so there is less traction ...Derby city council bought a load of vans like this to save money but they get stuck every day!! I know this as I know guys in the tree gang and garden dept

Iam sure that merc do a printer van that's 4X4 iam not sure if they do a chasie cab go and ask at your merc garage, it may be a special order, if your going to get a pick up never go for a front wheel drive they are rubbish when the weight is on the back as it lifts the front wheels up so there is less traction ...Derby city council bought a load of vans like this to save money but they get stuck every day!! I know this as I know guys in the tree gang and garden dept

yep

a mate has 1

single cab 4x4 sprinter tip truck...its bloody good...

it will drag the chipper over wet fields with just a/t tyres on not muds.nice to drive tho the lock is a touch wider than the 2wd sprinter..

I've got a l200 with a chipbox which holds 3.5m3 and although it has the payload as pointed out it is overloaded on the back axle. It handles like a drunken hippo when loaded, the body rubs and i could go on and on. I was going to have a tipper body put on it this winter but it's in the garage having the head done this week forcing me to have a rethink. The only real option is a single cab 130 hicap really because they have the wheelbase to spread the load and thats why they call them 4x4 transits. I'm thinking about getting another transit cos i miss the cab room :) Anyway the only real 4x4 tipping pickup is a u900 haha