4x4 tipper advise

jjll

Hi, I am aware of the many threads on here debating the different pickups and 4x4s, but I wanted to know of anyone who has the experience of a Nissan nivara king(the newer shape) cab tipper, with chip box.

I currently run an ldv convoy and has been ok but is now costing quite a lot in repairs and not to mention the amount of welding. I'm sure it will rust itself to death in the next 6 months or so.

I know there is a fair difference in the holding capacity, but was looking for some experienced owners/users to advise me in some pros and cons.

Any big repair costs?

I have thought about compensating the loss of space by getting a ifor tipper too.

I spend most of the time on the road but most of our chip is unloaded on farm land, which has swayed me away from a purely front wheel drive van.

Would it be a bad idea to down size vehicle?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem you will face with a pickup with chip box is weight you can carry, i looked into hVing my mk5 hilux converted but all weight will be over the rear axel which in turn means you will be overloaded on that axel with very little weight in.

I personally would not go down that rout at all.

Defender tippers are the same although there are plenty out there, i again looked into getting a 130 converted into a tipper but the weight of a 130 chassis cab was 3000kg and the maximum weight for vehicle and body and load is 3500kg so this would have given me 500kg to build a body and fill it with chip....? Not happening really.

Good luck with whatever you choose and remember this is only my opinion

Hi, I am aware of the many threads on here debating the different pickups and 4x4s, but I wanted to know of anyone who has the experience of a Nissan nivara king(the newer shape) cab tipper, with chip box.

I currently run an ldv convoy and has been ok but is now costing quite a lot in repairs and not to mention the amount of welding. I'm sure it will rust itself to death in the next 6 months or so.

I know there is a fair difference in the holding capacity, but was looking for some experienced owners/users to advise me in some pros and cons.

Any big repair costs?

I have thought about compensating the loss of space by getting a ifor tipper too.

I spend most of the time on the road but most of our chip is unloaded on farm land, which has swayed me away from a purely front wheel drive van.

Would it be a bad idea to down size vehicle?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

A guy that climbs for me has just had his 55 plate Navara converted to a chip body tipper, nice job too, I think when it's full it rubs on the tyres though and that is with heavy duty springs.

The problem you will face with a pickup with chip box is weight you can carry, i looked into hVing my mk5 hilux converted but all weight will be over the rear axel which in turn means you will be overloaded on that axel with very little weight in.

I personally would not go down that rout at all.

Defender tippers are the same although there are plenty out there, i again looked into getting a 130 converted into a tipper but the weight of a 130 chassis cab was 3000kg and the maximum weight for vehicle and body and load is 3500kg so this would have given me 500kg to build a body and fill it with chip....? Not happening really.

Good luck with whatever you choose and remember this is only my opinion

?? Don't have any trouble with mine;)