So whats your most favourite saw?

wisecobandit

Ok lets see what everyone prefers. What saw do you always seem to pick up and use and always seems to bring a smile?

No doubt we will almost get a different saw for everyone.

Mine would be my old 10mm Stihl 044, what it cuts like never ceases to amaze me, light enough to throw around for most jobs yet powerful enough at the same time, not to thirsty and always reach for it instead of the 372xp for some reason it just hits the sweet spot.

Whats yours and brief reason why?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say for definite as it depends what we're doing, but at the mo my go to saw is usually my 550.

Prior to that I reckon a 242 was probably the one to make me smile the most though.

Have to say though, I think I might have found the most fun/lethal combination today. We're currently final thinning an overstood stand of Ash/Syc and picked up Buzzsurgeon's O66 with 18" bar on for a couple of big ones As I couldn't be arsed trekking back to vehicle for a big saw - jeez, I really don't think I've used anything like it. Knocked toes off like they weren't there, buzzed gob out like it was made of cheese and whipped it off the stump in no time. And flickable enough to sned with too - I want it :thumbup:

My early 090 AV. The more modern ones are in theory the same, but there's just something about the original red and cream paint job, the sound of it, and the sheer raw power when it's ripping with a long bar.

Alec