maggie thatcher

ging

Too young to comment on her policies. I am disgusted that they are spending 5 mil of tax payers money on her funeral. Looking at the guest list I believe they can afford to pay for their own party with a quick whip round from their pocket change. don't see why we should foot the bill

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[/umm , and now the falkalnds has a possible oil rich possibility underneath its sea bed , i wonder why they real realy realy flapped all them years ago...U]

Doc

You are spot on about the Oil in Falklands waters, this was a well known fact even back in 82, why do you think the Argentinians risked all those menand aircraft? It wasn't for a few shabby rocks sticking out of the sea, but please consider this.

What would you prefer, to pay a tenner a gallon for your fuel to the british Government, or twenty five quid a gallon to the Argies? Because thats what would happen, if they sold it to us at all! How far would your Defender go on a gallon of Diesel? It would be futile demonstrating outside the pumps then.

And its the same with the coal, its still there, underground in the uk and will be when the Polish, south American etc coal has all been used, mines can be re-opened.

Jonny

Too young to comment on her policies. I am disgusted that they are spending 5 mil of tax payers money on her funeral. Looking at the guest list I believe they can afford to pay for their own party with a quick whip round from their pocket change. don't see why we should foot the bill

Aye, mark thatcher apparently worth £60 million, he can pay for it, think that money could be better spent

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Doc

You are spot on about the Oil in Falklands waters, this was a well known fact even back in 82, why do you think the Argentinians risked all those menand aircraft? It wasn't for a few shabby rocks sticking out of the sea, but please consider this.

What would you prefer, to pay a tenner a gallon for your fuel to the british Government, or twenty five quid a gallon to the Argies? Because thats what would happen, if they sold it to us at all! How far would your Defender go on a gallon of Diesel? It would be futile demonstrating outside the pumps then.

And its the same with the coal, its still there, underground in the uk and will be when the Polish, south American etc coal has all been used, mines can be re-opened.

Jonny

That's what I thought, when everyone else runs out, we have our own and the Falklands in reserve

Doc

Jonny

But the price of the oil wouldn't be decided by the Argentinians it's decided on the world market. And most of britains coal comes from russia

If so many people hated her, who voted for her??? she did win 3 elections.

People speak about her as some sort of dictator who had no mandate, thats simply untrue.

As for parties and celebrations at some ones death, I'm very glad I have no connection to those people or their views, I would not want to be represented by them, their actions say more about themselves that Mrs T.

Come on Dave, I know you know the answer to this but here goes.

For a start she was re elected twice, you can’t count the first election because we didn’t know how bad it old be and against the incumbent a chimp would have looked the better option.

There were a number of factors. Prime among them was the greedy falling for the selling off the family silver trick, that bought lots of votes, another excellent tool was knocking out the council houses at a rate the plebs could afford, more votes bought, then we have the Falkland's war which, combined with the “Foot” labour policy of dumping Trident was an election winner on its own.

Now standing against her was the ever leftist Mr Foot, we had done the winter of discontent and no one wanted to go back to that but the ever leftist foot promised that and more. Maggie was a grocers daughter so selling things off was in her blood and her economic miracle was looking good till she ran out of things to sell

The short answer to why she was re elected is because the alternative was unthinkable, that doesn’t make her good, it just makes her slightly better than the alternative