maggie thatcher

ging

Been thinking about this today and have come to the conclusion it is pointless discussing the whole thatcher era with anyone under the age of around 50, they simply were'nt there and dont know the devastation she and her government caused!

Your absolutely right there!

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been thinking about this today and have come to the conclusion it is pointless discussing the whole thatcher era with anyone under the age of around 50, they simply were'nt there and dont know the devastation she and her government caused!

Sort of agree, but people of all ages can read up on the events the same way as we have on the romans etc and have an opinion on it, I,m over 50 just , and I remember her as a breath of fresh air as I hated the unions.

I was there but I must have been enjoying my free milk too much too notice :001_tt2:

I'm in my early forties and remember it all to well. I was a teenager at the time and work was hard to find around my parts (and i did look hard). Thats why i moved south/east.

Sort of agree, but people of all ages can read up on the events the same way as we have on the romans etc and have an opinion on it, I,m over 50 just , and I remember her as a breath of fresh air as I hated the unions.

Fair comment, but the truth can be distorted over time. it all depends what they read.

And I'm sure that a lot less people cheered at the death of Neville chamberlain, and his actions were far more devastating

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'm in my mid forties, my parents were both born and brought up in South Wales. My Grandfather was badly injured in a collapse in the pits, and never worked again. My father had to leave school at 14 to help make ends meet, but vowed not to work down the mines. He came to London at 17 and joined the Police.

I was brought up in South East London/Kent, there were five kids and money was tight. But I was taught to respect my elders and authority, and you worked hard for what you earned - and you only earnt what you worked for!

True blue supporter all my life and happy to admit it. I don't believe any Gov't, party, is all right or wrong, some are worse then others, but I think that the breaking of the Unions and the miners strike was a good thing and a fair portion of the blame lays at the door of Scargill and his cronies.

Only my opinion.

Maggie galvanised the nation to fight and defeat the Argentine junta and free the Falklands. She deserves her State funeral.