maggie thatcher

ging

its not closed but we all know Maggie instigated the me me me culture ie the yuppies etc, i wasnt being funny i am interested in your opinion:001_smile:

I have already given it but you just dismissed it with your continual claims that Thatcher is the root of all evil. I'm not in the habit of debating with people unable to see beyond their mantra. :001_smile:

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Egnsean

I'm afraid your living in the past mate, your still angry after 30 odd years and its that sam anger that was the cause of all the upset in the first place.

The government pumped millions into mining communities all over the uk long before closing the mines, they set up re-training programs, the Enterprise allowance scheme (for people that wanted to start their own business) grants existed left right and centre, etc, etc and thousands of miners moved on and took advantage of the opportunity and prospered!

Unfortunately there existed a small group that were not going to change at any cost, because that would have constituted "giving in". So they embark on a bullying spree, anyone susspected of giving in or accepting change had their windows smashed, their kids were beaten up at school, they couldn't use the local shops or boozer and the chant "SCAB, SCAB, SCAB" followed them where ever they went, there was a whole community victimised and living in fear of a small minority of stubborn hardmen, bullies!

Jonny

Egnsean

I'm afraid your living in the past mate, your still angry after 30 odd years and its that sam anger that was the cause of all the upset in the first place.

The government pumped millions into mining communities all over the uk long before closing the mines, they set up re-training programs, the Enterprise allowance scheme (for people that wanted to start their own business) grants existed left right and centre, etc, etc and thousands of miners moved on and took advantage of the opportunity and prospered!

Unfortunately there existed a small group that were not going to change at any cost, because that would have constituted "giving in". So they embark on a bullying spree, anyone susspected of giving in or accepting change had their windows smashed, their kids were beaten up at school, they couldn't use the local shops or boozer and the chant "SCAB, SCAB, SCAB" followed them where ever they went, there was a whole community victimised and living in fear of a small minority of stubborn hardmen, bullies!

Jonny

Jonny, with all due respects, i dont think you know what you are talking about

when you talk of a small minority, why do you think there was literally thousands of police needed to try to control the striking miners, it was no small minority!

My last comment to you on the subject; you asked for more reasons and you had nothing to say about any I offered. Debate takes two but you are like a stuck record.[/quote

ok Felix

1,How about breakdown of family life, massive marriage decline under Thatcher FACT

2,How about breakdown of family life, massive increase divorce rate under Thatcher FACT

3, YOS schemes under Thatcher lead to widespread youth disillusionment FACT

4 Me Me Me' culture of consumerism, as already discussed caused by Thatchrism Fact

and as for your reference to contraceptives its a pity her dad didn't us them!!

I don't think I've seen any subject on AT divide the community so much as this one. Some of the comments sound like it would be a fist fight out in the street. And this after 30 years.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

That's how divisive the woman was, for one party her wrongs didn't affect them and can be forgiven for the things they consider right.

For the other party the rights cant outweigh the wrongs.