Pensioner Dies Cutting Down Tree

Daniel Jiggins

_66731237_tree.jpg

Looks like beech and a barbers chair caused by rot or weak branch union?

That does not look like it was cut.

My best guess from that picture would be that he was cutting off some of the branches from the fallen tree/part of tree and one of these branches had hit him.

So it looks as though he was not felling a tree, simple trying to clear some fallen timber when tragedy struck.

Very, very sad.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

right so the guy was using a chain saw in a public park cutting up a tree that did not belong to him!

fallen timber or standing tree either way it is still theft & putting the public at risk!

the guy died stealing i do not like thieves of any kind!

as said above if he had been a teenage hodie, immigrant or traveller & he had been steling a chainsaw everybodys reaction would have been different!

stealing is stealing! end of!

i work hard for my money & pay good money for cord wood & would not dream of pulling up in a park & start cutting down or cutting up trees that i found there!

when i`m out walking my dog i see people stealing wood all the time i explain to them that they are stealing & every one of them says its only a bit of wood as if that makes it ok?

they are taking saws & wheelbarrows into the local woods & cutting down trees & fences & then taking them home to burn!

in my book that is criminal damage & theft which last time i checked was still illegal in great britian!

right so the guy was using a chain saw in a public park cutting up a tree that did not belong to him!

fallen timber or standing tree either way it is still theft & putting the public at risk!

the guy died stealing i do not like thieves of any kind!

as said above if he had been a teenage hodie, immigrant or traveller & he had been steling a chainsaw everybodys reaction would have been different!

stealing is stealing! end of!

i work hard for my money & pay good money for cord wood & would not dream of pulling up in a park & start cutting down or cutting up trees that i found there!

when i`m out walking my dog i see people stealing wood all the time i explain to them that they are stealing & every one of them says its only a bit of wood as if that makes it ok?

they are taking saws & wheelbarrows into the local woods & cutting down trees & fences & then taking them home to burn!

in my book that is criminal damage & theft which last time i checked was still illegal in great britian!

Agree!

Not sure its that GREAT now britain :thumbdown:

Whatever you do dont call the police as they are likely to sue you if they trip on a branch!! What the hell is that all about :lol: they are issued with a flashlight so ruddy well use it!

Still feel sorry for the old boy irrespective of what he was actually doing, If an old boy stopped and asked me for some wood and looked desperate i would have gave him some, Thats proabably someones Dad, Grandad etc still very sad.

I always ask them if its ok for me to pop round to their hose and have a look in their fridge cos I'm a bit short of milk and maybe some cheese would be nice . Perhaps I could have some of the tools in their garage cos they might come in handy sometime ??

I always ask them if its ok for me to pop round to their hose and have a look in their fridge cos I'm a bit short of milk and maybe some cheese would be nice . Perhaps I could have some of the tools in their garage cos they might come in handy sometime ??

There are some old folk in our village the generation that worked with my Grandad that would happily give you what you wanted even there last bean if you were the sort to take it! even tho they need it most, Ive got alot of time and respect for the older folk its the thieving scum that steal working mans tools, set alight to peoples landrovers etc and have never done a days graft in there life!!

They are the lowest of the low IMO

An old boy trying to get some firewood give him a break! yeah i can understand someone taking your cord that you have left neatly by the roadside but someone foraging to keep warm is different IMO

There are some old folk in our village the generation that worked with my Grandad that would happily give you what you wanted even there last bean if you were the sort to take it! even tho they need it most, Ive got alot of time and respect for the older folk its the thieving scum that steal working mans tools, set alight to peoples landrovers etc and have never done a days graft in there life!!

An old boy trying to get some firewood give him a break! yeah i can understand someone taking your cord that you have left neatly by the roadside but someone foraging to keep warm is different IMO

Well yea that's what I meant . I say that when , on the odd occasion , I find someone helping them selves from my stack . Scavenging on common land is all good . I am 60 and my old Dad is 88 bless him .

We don't know he was 'foraging to keep warm', after all, he had the chainsaw, could afford the fuel to go in it and presumably some sort of vehicle to take the wood home....?

Sounds like an unfortunate accident involving someone who perhaps should have known better doing something he shouldn't.

The tree looks like it could have been wind blown so likely outside his skillset, unless he was a retired forester in which case he may just have zagged when he should have zagged, ether way, we don't know.

Hopefully no one gets prosecuted for this though......:001_huh:

And remember, there are a lot of old people who are just nasty old gits now, there are very few Second World War vets left. Theoretically the youngest would be 84 now.... So if someone in their 70's is rude and ignorant to you now, they don't have any more right than a teenage hoodie to act in that way! :001_tongue:

We don't know he was 'foraging to keep warm', after all, he had the chainsaw, could afford the fuel to go in it and presumably some sort of vehicle to take the wood home....?

Sounds like an unfortunate accident involving someone who perhaps should have known better doing something he shouldn't.

The tree looks like it could have been wind blown so likely outside his skillset, unless he was a retired forester in which case he may just have zagged when he should have zagged, ether way, we don't know.

Hopefully no one gets prosecuted for this though......:001_huh:

And remember, there are a lot of old people who are just nasty old gits now, there are very few Second World War vets left. Theoretically the youngest would be 84 now.... So if someone in their 70's is rude and ignorant to you now, they don't have any more right than a teenage hoodie to act in that way! :001_tongue:

Are you suggesting it's not just the youth of today who can be obnoxious little fellows? - my area is heaving with village elders and I recon they are a lot more unpleasant (on average) than the youngsters. They have experience and knowledge on their side but their baggage contains decades of bitterness. But hey, theres good and bad in all sorts of people, I once met a polite audi driver!

Are you suggesting it's not just the youth of today who can be obnoxious little fellows? - my area is heaving with village elders and I recon they are a lot more unpleasant (on average) than the youngsters. They have experience and knowledge on their side but their baggage contains decades of bitterness. But hey, theres good and bad in all sorts of people, I once met a polite audi driver!

No .I'm not having that , not in an Audi .....