Comic relief, I hate it!

Le Sanglier

If we have to put up with Wand Erection for another few years having the trade off for increased awareness and money for people in great need then I'm sure we can all do so.

:lol::lol::lol: not heard that one before :thumbup::lol:

And nice measured response, I appreciate that after some of the drivel I've seen on here up till now....

Personally I've never donated to comic relief/children in need/live aid. I just can't stand the list of people that turn up to do these gigs. I used to watch them from start to finish when I was younger, more for the challenge of not falling asleep. The talent is really poor.

As for the starving kids, I've never once felt any sort of guilt or sorrow. There are too many people in the world anyway. Helping them to me just makes the situation worse. I don't see the rich giving me a helping hand. Life is just your Donald Duck some have, some don't.

Triple D is on in 10 mins, Oh would that be in bad taste?

Not known for my compassion, but i wouldn't knock those who like to help out those less fortunate.

Fair play, have to respect your position. And your balls to post it in light if the hammering you'll no doubt get for it...:laugh1::001_smile:

What a miserable grim thread this is.

Whinging about someone helping others is a new low in complaining FFS!

worcswuss, that's some narrow minded opinions you have there.Without a doubt some celebrities will help more people in 1 minute than you will in your entire life.

No one has to donate to charity but come on, give those that do a little respect.

I've got more food in the cupboard than i can eat, i get my breakfast at macdonalds far too often.... So if i can't take 5 minutes to send a few quid to cr to help then its a sad state of affairs.... If you don't like cr or charity generally then don't watch or give but certainly don't criticise.

What a miserable grim thread this is.

Whinging about someone helping others is a new low in complaining FFS!

worcswuss, that's some narrow minded opinions you have there.Without a doubt some celebrities will help more people in 1 minute than you will in your entire life.

No one has to donate to charity but come on, give those that do a little respect.

That's a grossly unreasonable assumption you make, knowing nothing of what I may do, what with me not being in the media don't you think...? :001_huh::sneaky2:

I always find the righteous to be the most unable to consider the thoughts of others.....

Wow, i do hope you never need the help of one of the organisations that benefit from comic relief.

Anyone know the story of how comic relief came into being?

Richard curtis was in africa at a hospital and they were weighing kids. This is done with a sling thing like big pants. The kids kept slipping through and the mothers were laughing so much. He though hmm maybe by making people laugh we could help them.

I don't watch the whole night. It upsets me. I've done bits and pieces. I run til it hurts or cycle or carry my bike when it breaks because i can. Does it make me feel better, maybe, but i can't donate from my pocket the kind of money i would like to.

But what is easy is texting yes to 70010

Not hard and pretty sure most people who have seen fit to comment can afford it.

You can't really say Lenny Henry is trying to "further" his career!

I'm not a big celeb fan, never have been but underneath, they are normal people, some people are just too cynical:biggrin:

Ok, i'm not naive enough to think that a small minority do it for publicity, but making a sweeing generalisation about ALL of them, come on... those tears are real:thumbup:

in light if the hammering you'll no doubt get for it...:

...and that's the point! I'm pretty confident he doesn't give a toss about what others think and whether he'll get a virtual hammering online! Are people really on here to get popularity points?

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

You can't really say Lenny Henry is trying to "further" his career!

I'm not a big celeb fan, never have been but underneath, they are normal people, some people are just too cynical:biggrin:

Ok, i'm not naive enough to think that a small minority do it for publicity, but making a sweeing generalisation about ALL of them, come on... those tears are real:thumbup:

:thumbup1:

I don't know...you had a go on the christmas raffle, thats a good start :thumbup1:

Steve there is a difference from something like comic relief to the work that you do. When I have respect for someone then I do what I can for them. What you do in my book is very commendable and I gave what I could to get your target up and I know where that money was going.

I do my bit for local charities and am the first to help the old dears across the street etc. So I wouldn't call myself sad and sick, far from it.

I just don't believe my hard earned would help matters to these big causes.

Don't see a Syria aid as they are having a terrible time over there arn't they.

:001_cool: