MS661 .. .. it's out there

Tilio-acerion

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big lover of any thing Stihl with a 1 after it, i got a new 261 and that aint as good as the 026 and fell apart twice! (is ok now but no where near as good as a 346xp) chopped a 440 in for a 441 and that's been reliable but not as nice and feels like it will fall apart (372xp is better) not getting a 201, waiting for the 540xp, last new saw was 560xp and what a saw!.........Stihl are loosing the plot IMO.

Not all progress is bad...

I've heard nothing but good things about the ms241, people that have had the bearing issues sorted on their 261's rare them highly, some people really rate the 201...

The 660 has not been entirely without issues, chain brake melting and such?

Why not give it a chance, perhaps wait until you've tried it, or get some views from people you trust that have tried one.

I find it slightly tiring to read biased opinions from people with no experience of the particular saw at all. Like some old dudes bickering in the pub about wether the lambo or the Ferrari would be better when they'll never drive either.

Not all progress is bad...

I've heard nothing but good things about the ms241, people that have had the bearing issues sorted on their 261's rare them highly, some people really rate the 201...

The 660 has not been entirely without issues, chain brake melting and such?

Why not give it a chance, perhaps wait until you've tried it, or get some views from people you trust that have tried one.

I find it slightly tiring to read biased opinions from people with no experience of the particular saw at all. Like some old dudes bickering in the pub about wether the lambo or the Ferrari would be better when they'll never drive either.

The 261 issues have not been sorted, its not sortable, more power through the same bearing, it will always be a problem.

I'm never met a professional user who owns a 241.

The 66 is a very, very good saw, with no really problems, IMO, other than the lack of twist caps. So of cause people are sorry to see it go.

But yes your right we need to give this saw a chance, I genuinely hope its great :thumbup1:

Rover people buy from experience be it right or wrong, i cant afford to buy every single chainsaw in the range just to find out what are good! i hope the 661 is as good as the 660 but i have a gut feeling it wont be, my 261 is sorted now after it got a new clutch drum but the biggest problem with the new stihl's is they lack soul, they well just seem bland and dull.

Oh and Rover it's gotta be an Aston.........:001_tt2:

Honestly i have had about enough of Sthil.

There used to be reason in justifying the extra cost of them,however these days their quality seems to have slumped.

I believe they had better sort their act out or other manufacturers will pick up their market share.

I used to work in a Logging crew,066's and 064's used to run eight hours a day,five or six days a week,limbing bucking and falling timber.All with only basic maintenance.

Try that with a new Sthil.

Edited by Mike Hill