MS661 .. .. it's out there

Tilio-acerion

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry my info was slightly wrong the 661 will weigh 7.5kg not 7.4, but I've just calculated that on those stats it'll have a power to weight ratio of 1.38 vs the 660's 1.40 - which is the best of any current chainsaw.

Stats mean nothing, the proof is in the cutting.

Not coming to the UK this year apparently; or so says biggest Stihl dealer in the south west; even said it might never come - really?

I can't imagine for one minute that it won't be released in the UK. The 660 is nearly at the end of its production life and has been a very popular saw over here so the will replace it with the 661.

Regarding a release date, the UK always seems to be last in line so who knows . ..

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I'm picking mine up after work tonight, my dealer kept telling me he wouldn't have them in for ages and I walked in yesterday and there was one siting on the shelf. Getting a 36 inch bar, and wondering about what smaller size to get too? 25?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else brought one? I'm now tempted to buy one as my large saw, well its either that or an 880 but thats quite a bit more cash so will have to see...

But what are anyones thoughts on it if they have been using it for a while? I know the 660 is rated very highly and i'm always reluctant to go with saws that have just been released.

Anyone else brought one? I'm now tempted to buy one as my large saw, well its either that or an 880 but thats quite a bit more cash so will have to see...

But what are anyones thoughts on it if they have been using it for a while? I know the 660 is rated very highly and i'm always reluctant to go with saws that have just been released.

So far we are very happy with ours, seems upto to the usual Stihl build qaulity something missing from a few of the more recent pro saws like the 441.

Performance wise I've never been someone to really care if a saw will cut 1 second faster as long as it smooth, comfortable to use and solid which again the 661 seems to be.

So far we are very happy with ours, seems upto to the usual Stihl build qaulity something missing from a few of the more recent pro saws like the 441.

Performance wise I've never been someone to really care if a saw will cut 1 second faster as long as it smooth, comfortable to use and solid which again the 661 seems to be.

HI MARC what size bar mate have got it on thanks jon :thumbup: