Dog Pooh

Stepano

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its a tree job and the customer has not had a chance to move there puppies morning offerings we stop whining and being premadonnas like we're to important to move a dog turd, man up and take 5 mins with a shovel which we all have to move them, then get on with the job, get paid go pub, everyone's happy

If its a tree job and the customer has not had a chance to move there puppies morning offerings we stop whining and being premadonnas like we're to important to move a dog turd, man up and take 5 mins with a shovel which we all have to move them, then get on with the job, get paid go pub, everyone's happy

You mist out leave in a good safe place so just as you leave you can put back where they were just like every think else in the garden :thumbup:

yeah fair enough, I've done tree and hedge jobs and worked around the offending turds by marking it with a stick in the grass. but when you're lawnmowing you really don't want to be faced with a lawn full of montys because it's inevitably going to end up on you and machine,

personally if a tradesman was going to be working in my garden I'd make sure it was clear of crap first, it's just plain manners!!

Exactly

I've refused to do jobs to large numbers of 'dog eggs' in a garden. If theres only a few, we chuck to one side with a shovel and crack on. After a particularly grim day, dismantling a big hornbeam in the pouring rain last saturday, I took off my harness and placed it in an extremely unpleasant canine 'Mr whippy'....not the best end to the year, it pee'd me off no end! :thumbdown:

I can't understand why people can't clear it up in advance of your arrival. I have two French Mastiffs who create an astounding amount of barker nests. My section is quite small so it's not exactly hidden. I dig a hole in a corner of the garden, drop in a dustbin with the bottom cut out and then drop the turds in to the bin along with some bio starter. Once it's full I pull out the bin, drop some top soil on the pit and grass seed on the top. The bio starter helps break it down into compost. Nothing worse than strimming through a pile of the stuff or dragging branches through it and then have it splatter everywhere when it goes through the chipper. Pure laziness not to clear it up first. Fine, you might miss the odd one here and there but I've been to a couple of places that were absolutely caked in the stuff.

5mins with a shovel beforehand is well worth the time spent...just remember to bring water and some form of soap spray so you don't have to put a dirty shovel back on the truck. Could be worse though guys, when I very first started in landscaping one of my jobs was to go and replace the council dog bins.... I was only at that company for a few monthes :lol:

I work in parks and open spaces and I have to be fair 90% of the people pick it up but there's always the minority who dont , the worst part of my job ( on overtime ) is emptying the doggie bins especially after heavy rain and you really do get covered in splash backs but at least I'm getting paid time and a turd .

We've dropped customers because of dog mess. Why not- it's our choice whether to work for them. When it comes to contracts our policy is to mow round and let nature do the work.

When it comes to tree work contracts- we clear the mess. No point getting the arse with the customer from the start. We clear their dog poo, they make tea- sorted