the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Some recent pics, The felling work was monday/tuesday, 15 trees, 10 straight fells, 350m3 of arisings, rest of the pics are some from the past 2 weeks, Restoration of an álle (felling, pruning and new planting) Reducing of a Lime, Birch, and nice woodland chipping :001_smile:

[ATTACH]214692[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214693[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214694[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214695[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214696[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214697[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214698[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214699[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214700[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214701[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214702[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]214703[/ATTACH]

Nice work. What model avant is that? 500 series? How is it for tree work?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Thanks, it's a 640, it's great, a grab on the front with rotator would make it awesome. Fits on the 12ft ifor tipper which is a bonus.

This job it was used for getting the stems of 2 of the trees out of a playground, then bucket to push the takings up into a pile. Really efficient.

Thanks, it's a 640, it's great, a grab on the front with rotator would make it awesome. Fits on the 12ft ifor tipper which is a bonus.

This job it was used for getting the stems of 2 of the trees out of a playground, then bucket to push the takings up into a pile. Really efficient.

Nice various work done there josh...I would have had to remove that large limb on that lime though ..bugging me just looking at it...looks like the tree would still look balanced if you had removed it....any reason you left it? Nice pruning job.

Big hedge removal, unfortunately it's across 2 fields that are wet and extremely slippy, ended up towing the RB and landy in thismorning with the valtra then short leading the whole trees over to the fenceline where we could get the chipper and deal with them, also very handy being able to grab the top of the one's overhanging the gardens and just pick them up once cut off.30b79ef3c601484ca4305faa257edd64.jpg96a57449b6799dea79c422987400aa4b.jpg

Total mud pie time getting out tonight with both vehicles needing tractor help again to get out. Back again tomorrow for more wallowing

7f0885f8729d480177a18ef595290984.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Big hedge removal, unfortunately it's across 2 fields that are wet and extremely slippy, ended up towing the RB and landy in thismorning with the valtra then short leading the whole trees over to the fenceline where we could get the chipper and deal with them, also very handy being able to grab the top of the one's overhanging the gardens and just pick them up once cut off.30b79ef3c601484ca4305faa257edd64.jpg96a57449b6799dea79c422987400aa4b.jpg

Total mud pie time getting out tonight with both vehicles needing tractor help again to get out. Back again tomorrow for more wallowing

7f0885f8729d480177a18ef595290984.jpg

You know you just love it Jon..that's why you took pictures...it's what we do and deep down we love the mud,wet pants/socks,soggy sarnies and making a mess.hope all good fella..love your tractor.:thumbup:

You know you just love it Jon..that's why you took pictures...it's what we do and deep down we love the mud,wet pants/socks,soggy sarnies and making a mess.hope all good fella..love your tractor.:thumbup:

Sure do, wouldn't run all 4x4's if I didn't like playing off road 😉

Tractors a beast and just plays with that trailer compared to the poor old massy which managed but just wasn't quite big enough.