the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Declining lime dismantle from today.

Couldn't fell it because of underground services.

[ATTACH]197326[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]197327[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]197328[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]197329[/ATTACH]

I think I have a pic of your mog my cousin sent me! he works as a sales rep for British gas so is all over the place and thought I'd appreciate it

1453400964989.jpg.a1fb21db138f6133cb44f985d76f5531.jpg

38" Dbh Oak 60ft to dismantle. Clear all around so could just drop everything. Up about the 25ft mark with a 14" limb off to the right. Climbing rope 15ft above and slightly to the left. 3m steel flip not long enough to allow me to run around the stem, so had that on a limb slightly above and 2 feet around the stem to the left, on the lower D,s on my Treemotion. On spikes.

So I had a bias pulling me to the left. Put the lanyard around the limb to be cut in at the stem to allow me positioning for the cut, aiming to cut about 2ft out. No other limbs to use nearby.

7" deep undercut, side cuts. Chainsaw detached from my harness as the limb was long and heavy.

With about an inch to go on the downward cut inboard the branch let go, and then tore as a thin wide strip, running back to the stem and about 3ft down.

Instant pull in to the limb at stomach height, about 3 or 4 seconds later the lanyard burst and the limb fell free.

Didn't gob the underside as I wanted the limb to fall clear of the stem.

Ouch, Bugger.

Threw away the lanyard and finished the job. If I'd come out the tree I think I wouldn't have gone back to it.