the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1437761235.906496.jpg.86fba622f62f7ce8a5694d01715ff550.jpg

Bats stopped play. Found a suspected bat roost and saw bats flying nearby in this little ash so had to stop. Guy from the Bat trust turned up with his gadgets and put a camera up the hole, not much seen and after many calls to Natural England they gave the go ahead to continue today. Very good service from the bat conservation trust, they had a guy onsite within a few hours and provided all the advice required

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1437761218.758723.jpg.712caceef53925fdd985e2e4c3a0cdab.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1437761199.960037.jpg.3f594ef2cff07e514d77eab2fa8781cb.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1437761168.107944.jpg.9b1bfdf9d49363218ce83d024bd6d82b.jpg

Bats stopped play. Found a suspected bat roost and saw bats flying nearby in this little ash so had to stop. Guy from the Bat trust turned up with his gadgets and put a camera up the hole, not much seen and after many calls to Natural England they gave the go ahead to continue today. Very good service from the bat conservation trust, they had a guy onsite within a few hours and provided all the advice required

Well played Jay :thumbup1:

Well played Jay :thumbup1:

I thought the hole in the third pic was too big for bats. I did find some other holes in another limb but the guy thought they were too small (see below) we lowered off the limb with the cavities to leave onsite to see if they returned or came out. The Bat conservation trust were very good and dealt with Natural England, also sent us some details of some training courses so all in all a very helpful experience. We are putting up a bat box on another tree for the client as well when we grind the stump. Apparently about 500 yards down the road a developer destroyed a roost of daubentons that the guy who came out to us was trying to save so they may have relocated into our clients garden. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1437763795.137101.jpg.0da18941af97980fa3470dd19f0efe67.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1437763779.623303.jpg.6d8a94605add60ddb9ea9b1360184a44.jpg

I like the Grab Mick, what make is it?

Bob

I don't know tbh, I got a local garden machinery outfit to source and fit.

They told me €3000 all in, when I went to collect they said "oh, we didn't realise that the pipes weren't supplied so we had to buy them, so it's €600 extra! We Are very disappointed"

"Not as bloody disappointed as me" I murmured pulling out my cheque book.

Anyway here's a close up, the original loading bucket is inside.

If I could change one thing I'd put a bar across the tines to add strength, you have to be a bit careful when picking up in case you permanently distort the tines. Not happened yet mind.

image.jpg.3d14852e31a984ea7317ec4c333334f9.jpg

Edited by Mick Dempsey