the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Seconded. Nice reduction dude.

Cherry picker is cheating though :P

My proudest one is just off Bawnmore Road on the Sainsburys end. Keep an eye out!

[ATTACH]166418[/ATTACH]

Cheers joe 👍 considering the state of the tree we was happy with the end result...

Yea iv seen that tree mate...very very nice work 👍 might be looking for climbers in the near future so keep an eye out lol

What would you do mark or 18 stoner if you were looking at that tree? What would u recommend?

Sent from my ST23i using Arbtalk mobile app

As mentioned earlier, the report was that the tree had shed dead limbs and was rubbing on a house;

In this one, purely going on what info you put forward I would have suggested c/lift, and/or side reduct from the houses being interfered with, dead wood/crown clean and hey presto!

Cheers for the praise again, it's appreciated.

We get our share of TPO work, and usually the TO seems to try and avoid reductions, favouring lifts and selective thinning instead. I feel that this usually achieves the desired effect. There are many mature Oaks in that area, most of which have been reduced/pruned back in the past (not by myself). I'm not sure wether this set some kind of precedent.

As I mentioned, the spec was set by the tree officer, we just got the work. I wasn't involved in any lever higher than carrying out the work within the set parameters.

I have to say, it was the largest reduction I have been on, and I enjoyed the work as a new challenge. Even with two climbers it was steady going due to a very limited drop zone and some tricky limbs to get to.

There will always be differing opinions on mature reductions, and I welcome other peoples contributions. Perhaps I would have recommended a different course of action, but ultimately it was down to the client and the TO. I like to think we did the best job we could within the spec. I certainly tried to!