Landy Re-engine

pie eater pete

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen a 110 hicap with a Phaser in it too - looked a bit of a squeeze but looked riht and sounded lovely.

If sticking to LR engines, the 3.9 efi is nice to drive with. Had a D1 with one and it was fantastic, and on gas was cheaper to run than a diesel one but with much more smiles per mile. Used to love upsetting local boy racers :biggrin:

Somewhere on youtube there's a 110 hicap with a Cummins (I think) 6BT in it - that's got to be about the ultimate work/tow set up :thumbup1:

Before the advent of the 200tdi engine transplants were quite common, the Perkins 4206 and 4203, some even went to the ridiculous extremes of the 6354. Milner made conversion plates for Perkins and a lot of jap motors, the Isuzu was a successful transplant

Back in the day here was no finer endeavour than dropping a 3.5 v8 into a series motor. Went like stink but didn't stop so good.

I worked for someone how had a Landrover 2A forward control which had a BMC 3.8 out of an old Leyland FG then it had a 4.98 Leyland terrier as it was the same clutch housing.The only problem was it would eat gear boxes if not driven properly. There was a lot of talk years ago about the Iveco engine Frog island 4X4 promoted them. Seen 2A with BMC 2.2 taxi engine, Perkins 4203, Rover V8. My brother got a 90 T5 thats been chipped that pulls like hell when towing.

Edited by woody paul

I worked for someone how had a Landrover 2A forward control which had a BMC 3.8 out of an old Leyland FG then it had a 4.98 Leyland terrier as it was the same clutch housing.The only problem was it would eat gear boxes if not driven properly. There was a lot of talk years ago about the Iveco engine Frog island 4X4 promoted them. Seen 2A with BMC 2.2 taxi engine, Perkins 4203, Rover V8. My brother got a 90 T5 thats been chipped that pulls like hell when towing.

HI PAUL i had a td5 with 200hp pull very well :thumbup1:jon :thumbup: