drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

The problem lies with being resposible. Many folks here in the states feel no obligation or responsibilty for themselfs or their employers. Pot or alcohol or all Tobacco products can become gateway drugs for harder substance abuse.

In the end sooner or later the user has to pay the price, and society and the employer could be left holding the bill. Zero tolerance with my firm. I have no time to waste on folks that choose to waste their own time and lives.

After all why do you think it is called DOPE!,:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

Lance Armstrong was a 'doper' he did pretty well at stuff, no?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found myself thinking about this one a bit more. Recreational drugs are on the whole illegal, alcohol isn't. What people do in their own time is up to them, but if they are undertaking something illegal (whether in their own time or not), what other illegal activities might they deem as being acceptable?

I realise it's perhaps a very narrow minded view to take but at the moment, that's the bit that keeps niggling away at me.

Taking that bit out of the equation, I still stand by the view of being unfit for work through any sort of intoxicant should be instant removal from site and would need a very good reason as to be allowed back at all.

What would be classed as unfit for work would maybe depend on what work was being undertaken I suppose, but surely to even turn up for work hungover would mean you would still be over the limit to have driven to work in the first place?

I've found myself thinking about this one a bit more. Recreational drugs are on the whole illegal, alcohol isn't. What people do in their own time is up to them, but if they are undertaking something illegal (whether in their own time or not), what other illegal activities might they deem as being acceptable?

I realise it's perhaps a very narrow minded view to take but at the moment, that's the bit that keeps niggling away at me.

Taking that bit out of the equation, I still stand by the view of being unfit for work through any sort of intoxicant should be instant removal from site and would need a very good reason as to be allowed back at all.

What would be classed as unfit for work would maybe depend on what work was being undertaken I suppose, but surely to even turn up for work hungover would mean you would still be over the limit to have driven to work in the first place?

The part of this that is sticking with me is the illegal part. Drugs are illegal no matter what class they are. There fore drugs at work are illegal. End of.

Police now take the same view as drink driving with driving while under the influence of drugs. Operating machinery also comes under this. Chainsaws are machinery. Chippers are machinery.

Reaction times are greatly reduced by anything that effects a state of mind. I wouldn't want to be using a chipper alongside someone who is on drugs, do you think they would react in time to shut it down if I started to get dragged into it??? I don't.

I've known a few people that would gladly steal to get another fix. Been with people who have stolen to make money for another fix in my youth and its safe to say I didn't hang around them for long.

This is my view and from my own experiences with drugs, I'm not saying everyone is like that. If people work hard and spend there hard earned money on drugs fine. But I would refuse to work with anyone I suspected to be on drugs.

Lance Armstrong was a 'doper' he did pretty well at stuff, no?

If what you are claiming is true, I make no exceptions or justifications for using substances to improve ones performance in sport or work, weather the outcome of using such substances is real or perceived will not change my opinion.

easy-lift guy

doing 35 mph in a 30 is illegal,do you ever break the limit?,im sure weve all done it,does not turn us all into career criminals!