drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

Turn up for work in good shape.

Don't take drugs or drink at work.

Do what you want in your own time.

Anyone on here who wouldn't enjoy an ice cold beer on a sunny Friday at the yard after a tough week would probably not fit into my management plan....

:beer::thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn up for work in good shape.

Don't take drugs or drink at work.

Do what you want in your own time.

Anyone on here who wouldn't enjoy an ice cold beer on a sunny Friday at the yard after a tough week would probably not fit into my management plan....

The man that has talked bollocks since 68 is spot on with this post to many people pre judge others for the way they live there life's. :thumbup:

year ago, I employed a bloke with a drink problem. I gave him a chance, knock the drink on the head and you've got full time work. He did this for a year and then fell off the wagon spectacularly, not turning up for work for 3 days after a weekend 'bender'.

A freelance climber failed to turn up on an important job which had to be done by the monday. He called at about lunch time to say he was still stoned from the nights befores drug-taking, this forced me to work saturday and sunday to get the job done. They both cost me money and they both 'went down the road'. Oddly, they thought I was out of order! :001_tongue:

I have since worked for other companies where the lads smoke dope during their working day. I found most of them hard to work with due to mood swings and temper tantrums..sadly, I couldn't sack them, but I made my opinions clear.

Now I've got my own train-set again..if they turn up drunk or stoned...they're sacked on the spot, zero tolerance from me. :thumbdown:

i wouldn't want a stoner working with me, as far as I'm concerned this job requires full attention at all times for the safety of those around you. what you do in your spare time is up to you as long as you are fit to work but keeping an eye out at quiet times on the ground is so important, the chap i climb for is far more experienced than me and it makes such a difference to have experience on the ground.

year ago, I employed a bloke with a drink problem. I gave him a chance, knock the drink on the head and you've got full time work. He did this for a year and then fell off the wagon spectacularly, not turning up for work for 3 days after a weekend 'bender'.

A freelance climber failed to turn up on an important job which had to be done by the monday. He called at about lunch time to say he was still stoned from the nights befores drug-taking, this forced me to work saturday and sunday to get the job done. They both cost me money and they both 'went down the road'. Oddly, they thought I was out of order! :001_tongue:

I have since worked for other companies where the lads smoke dope during their working day. I found most of them hard to work with due to mood swings and temper tantrums..sadly, I couldn't sack them, but I made my opinions clear.

Now I've got my own train-set again..if they turn up drunk or stoned...they're sacked on the spot, zero tolerance from me. :thumbdown:

This is uncannily the very same process I went through last year. Lovely fella; work dropped off a day a week - he hit the drink - buggered up the other days and became a nightmare; I did beyond what an "employer" would do to try and help; drove him around, paid him extra or ahead when he'd pi55ed his wage up the wall... atleast I tried. Strange thing was, his family and friends all blame me for causing his problems! I gave the fella a damn good chance imo!

And re drugs; I've met a few who are absolutely convinved it improves their performance!!! Temper tantrums and moods right enough!:001_rolleyes::thumbdown:

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Motoring convictions aren't criminal convictions though are they?

Indeed.

"Dangerous driving" and "drink driving" are the only criminal motoring offences, all the others are "misdemeanours"

Would I employ some one who had a motoring offence?? of course I would, would I employ a drug user?? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!