Funny things customers say ?

White Noise

The other day when I was about to start chipping the customer came all with a wheel barrow and said can you just blow some chips in to it:confused1:. The best was when cutting a large conifer hedge the gardener asked what are you standing on, my reply was my feet he didn't think it was that funny:laugh1:.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week has been a real horror for fussy elderly clients.

One told us to leave the chips (from 3 days of Lawson felling) as he had a friend who would take some.

The friend did turn up on day 1 with half a dozen rubble bags and a small hatchback...

There where 30m3+ of chips in all from this job!

I'm going back on Sunday with a potplant for the lady of the house and to clean up further.

Another, yesterday, had told us that he had already dug the holes for the gate posts we where to install.

Except, when we got there, the client told us that he had the diggerman make the holes then fill them with rubble to we'd have to empty the holes first...:confused1:

Try digging out holes filled with stone:thumbdown:

By hand in the end:001_rolleyes:

Luckily, we where paid by the hour for this one:thumbup1:

Ty

When clients give you the old "I don't like cutting down trees but...." I often say "I do, I really love it, I hate trees and love to see them die!" (you do need a client with a sense of humour)

One really irritating woman had a walnut reduced in a field, did not really need it but she insisted she knew best and hey, a man's gotta eat, when I had finished it and she was writing out the cheque she said "If that tree could talk it would say thank you that feels better to have all that weight off" I said If that tree could talk it would say "ARRRGGGGG why did you cut my branches?" Don't worry the cheque cleared.

I once had a customer ask me to remove some trees that were in a row. She asked, “take the third, fifth, tenth tree out” which we did.

After we had finished she came out to check the work, then went back in to get her husband…

“you idiots have taken the wrong trees out.” Apparently he had assumed that when the third tree was gone, we would then recount from tree one so the new fifth tree was now tree six…and so on.

I once had a customer ask me to remove some trees that were in a row. She asked, “take the third, fifth, tenth tree out” which we did.

After we had finished she came out to check the work, then went back in to get her husband…

“you idiots have taken the wrong trees out.” Apparently he had assumed that when the third tree was gone, we would then recount from tree one so the new fifth tree was now tree six…and so on.

😂😂😂😂😂 That's the best ever!!😂😂😂😂.