Chainsaw Boots.. Why waste the money?

Albedo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to be ashamed, each to their own mate.:biggrin:

I have no hobbies or interests outside work. I spend my life on my feet not on Tarmac . When was younger I had hand me down clothes and boots, nothing fitted and my feet were cold , cramped or sore.

I always got bought the cheapest:sneaky2:Not out of poverty out of my old man thinking like you:001_rolleyes:Yet he had the £180 goretex fancy ones:thumbdown:

I love buying expensive things:thumbup:

Personally I love my Hiax Protector Pro's, they keep my feet warm, dry and reasonably safe.

They take no breaking in, they are like slippers straight from the box.

I get 12 months from a pair, so although I think they are expensive I begrudgingly pay the price.

I totally agree with this post. Whilst £200 is a lot of money for footwear, I spend more time in my workboots than anything else and I think it is worth buying the best available.

New Zealanders are generally alot better on Saws than your average Brit.

Recently i worked for a year with a company mainly made up of Kiwis...most of them had chainsaw scars and would proudly show them off recalling their tales of how they cut themselves doing some crazy manouvere...Whilst i was therer i met a lot of tree climbers but few "Tree Surgeons, Arborists"...Over many years in this Industry Working with Australian,Kiwi,German Arborists i have found (In my Opinion) that the British Arborist showed the best skill in Chainsaw opperation within the tree and on the ground...I will always wear my Chainsaw boots except for dragging. They keep my feet safe in the event of an Accident.:thumbup1:

I am going to add a caveat.

I often speak as a gnarled old arb with my sometimes cynical opinions.

It is my opinion that all people newish to the industry should wear chainsaw boots.

To make a decision such as I have made, which a lot of people won't agree with anyway....It should be based on experience.

I do not advocate that newbies scrimp and save on PPE.

This may seem like a contradiction, but there you go.