chipper dust on cars

likeitorlumpit

This has got to have happened to everyone on arbtalk.

Job going fine then someone kicks off about dust on their recently polished auto. Goes something like this

You idiots have ruined my car, it's just been valetted and it's now covered in sap which has damaged my paintwork.

OK mate calm down- how much was the valet. Blah blah- well tell you what- heres the cash - would you draw a line under this issue - Err- OK then cheers mate.

I've done it twice now just to keep the peace and prevent complaints going upwards. I'm thinking next time to take a different approach. Any ideas? Any offerings for conflict resolution that would keep both parties happy. Or is it just a case of telling them to back off with enough determination they know they're getting nowhere.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed- we generally get them moved but on some sites theres 10 cars and 80 flats. It becomes a major operation getting them moved and the preferred method is do the job then blow the dust off the cars.

I like the idea of dust sheets though- it makes it look like you are trying to prevent a problem. What do you use. Decorators cotton or nylon tarpaulins.

Same as Huck.

We had some knob a few weeks back come out after we'd been chipping all morning (knocked him just after 9, no answer) and start mouthing off that we'd 'got dirt all over his motor, and he'd just had it valeted'. Obviously trying it on.

Stevo told him he better go and get his money back, because the valeters had missed the bird-**** caked all over his N-plate Saab.

If we have made a mess we always offer a free blow job.

Same as Huck.

We had some knob a few weeks back come out after we'd been chipping all morning (knocked him just after 9, no answer) and start mouthing off that we'd 'got dirt all over his motor, and he'd just had it valeted'. Obviously trying it on.

Stevo told him he better go and get his money back, because the valeters had missed the bird-**** caked all over his N-plate Saab.

If we have made a mess we always offer a free blow job.

Can I borrow Stevo Mark

I find the free blow job usually works except when they are built like an east european female shot putter. And thats the blokes.